Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shamino

Finding weapons and health

I hope that in order to find items in doom3 such as weapons, ammunition, and med kits we will have to move other objects around, open drawers, or do something that requires a little effort instead of just spotting the weapon or ammo from far away and simply walking over it. I don't mean something too complex like moving a painting and a switch behind it opens a wall which has a BFG hidden behind it, but I think you get the point. What do you guys think?

Of course guns may be laying out in the open, tossed by a falling soldier or dropped in the heat of battle or some crap. Who really cares, as long as they don't float around in midair all twirling and shit.

Ya, how you collect ammo and supplies would add to the whole reality factor. I would kinda hope that they put the items in practicle places instead of 10 of them in a straight line down a hall (like in the first Doom games). You know, like you said, in closets, droors, lockers, chests, boxes, shelves, off dead bodies (bot enemy and friendly), heck maybe you could smack a zombie over the head and snatch his rifle from him :-)

S1lent said:

heck maybe you could smack a zombie over the head and snatch his rifle from him :-)

Maybe they could do the same to you...

Couldnt enemies knock your guns from your hands in the playstation game Dino crisis?, i remebr some review saying "A raptor can knock your shotgun out of your hands leaving you to prance around saying 'shoo!' at it"

I would like to see shelves that are not used for decorations or for an obvious source of ammo. I want to see weapons hiding in with other parts of machines laying on a shelve. I don't want to see weapons floating, glowing, lined up on something or all that other crap that is seen in games.

Although it would be cool if halfway through teh game there was an armory that you just "happened" to come across. lol

Ichor said:

Maybe they could do the same to you...

Heh, reminds me of one of the guys in RoTT that would grab your weapon and say "Gimme That" or something.

What if the zombies had a Berzerk. Like if you shoot the gun out of their hands they would look at their hands, then look at you, and then yell really loud and charge at you.

Shamino said:

we will have to move other objects around, open drawers, or do something that requires a little effort instead of just spotting the weapon or ammo from far away and simply walking over it.

deathbringer said:

Couldnt enemies knock your guns from your hands in the playstation game Dino crisis?, i remebr some review saying "A raptor can knock your shotgun out of your hands leaving you to prance around saying 'shoo!' at it"

if you ever played SIN, that would happen. usally u lost the machien gun that way. i dont thing the pistol could be lost?

however sin was fun... but it was very very buggy which was its downfall

In Quake Mp1: Scourge of Armagon, there is a monster that can steal your weapons and use them against you.

Vegeta said:

In Quake Mp1: Scourge of Armagon, there is a monster that can steal your weapons and use them against you.

Yeah but it sucked because it was very difficult to get them to do it - they were way too easy to gun down and even if you let them get close to you, they'd prefer to rend at you with their claws.

Neat idea though.