Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Spunkman

Verticle Lighting

i remember quite a few years back, a guy named Cheezler ran a site called "the doom special effects shop". i remember him specifically doing a verticle lighting technique, and it looking decent. wanted to know if anyone knew how he acheived this (i'm assuming it's not just a custom texture or something). if anyone knows where to get the wad, or a tutorial on how to do it, i'd be appreciative.

I was thinking about that, and it might be the effect he's looking for, but stopped short because he said "vertical," so I imagined a beam of light going from, let's say, a hole in the ceiling to the floor.

what i meant by verticle was:

there was a light source on the ground, next to a wall, and as the light moved up the wall, it gradually decreased in brightness. just mentioning it though, gave me an idea on how to do it.

You can do that in EDGE and Legacy too using transparent 3d floors too.

I did that in level 3 of QDOOM, where you go down into the lowest level of the South Western castle's lava room. The lava has a graduated light that uses I think 4 or 5 3d floors with less light as you go up.

That effect appears a few times in PA:R Level 1 in that corridor with a view to a landing pad and level 3 in that big, dark room.