Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
l3xu5

I don't get this...

Why was my avatar topic closed? I think it's a bit silly only being allowed to have your own avatar once you reach 250 posts. What, do I have to make Doomworld my permenent residence or something? Plus, I ain't no Noob... So I have to make loads of useless posts (cus that's what they will be) just to not be classed as a noob and have my own avatar? Who makes these rules?

If you don't like something about these forums, just don't come here, it's all upon yourself. That topic was closed because the question was clearly answered and you were linked not only to the FAQ but even to the section of it explaining the avatar stuff.

And not having your custom avatar in no way means you're a newb. Having low postcount doesn't either. It's your behaviour that matters.

Normally you need 250 posts before you can use a custom avatar (but there's a lot to choose from in the meantime). However, custom avatars are disabled right now. It's been that way since January when Telefragged was having problems, so right now, it won't matter how many posts you have, you can't get a custom avatar until it's fixed (and we don't know when that will be).

And in answer to your question, the thread was closed because it says in the FAQ that they are disabled.

Assmaster said:

READ THE FAQ

Someone should make a sticky here in the EE Forum saying "Avatars - Read this or be it on your own head"
Of course all these n00bs more likely than not will ignore it and then act suprised when they are directed to it.
Also, next person to ask this "OMFG why can't I use my own custom avatar?!!!?!!?!!?!" question should be banned, in my opinion. This has been discussed waaaaaaay too many times before.