• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Darkhaven4

DEH Help

Hey.

I have a tiny little thing going around called XDoom...*
It's using DEH and ACS combined, and I'm going to need some help with the DEH part. I've cleaned up alot of room for extras such as breakable lamps and whatnot, but I haven't quite figured out ways to use it all yet. For example, I pulled 7 frames from the Shotgun Guy's explosion frames(not in use), 3 frames from the TFOG series (in use), another 3 frames from the IFOG series (not in use), 2 frames from each BONUS sprite series (not in use) and finally 1 frame from each of the keycard animations (3 of 6 in use). If anyone has any suggestions on how I can use the extra frames, please tell me.
And for those who are going to attempt to screw me up the ass on this subject with the newproject tag, I think I've explained well enough what this is all about.

XDoom* : Wasn't there some other (Portugese?) Doomer/mod with the same name somewhere...?

I remember X-Doom, it has absolutley awful level design with tutti-frutti everywhere, and non-working "3D" gratings over pits that you fell through and got stuck in, but a load of stupid twats liked it because it had (highly buggy) zdoom scripting, and even voice "acting" which came in two different languges, not that you could understand it because the MOD music was way too loud and whoever recorded it must have been on the opposite side of the room to the microphone, though i do remnember one bit where a marine, er, slid down a corridor and went into a room, then looked at something and said "are you an angel?" then got gibbed

boris said:

Since you're using ZDoom you can simply use the DECORATE lump.

Yeah, while this is true, I scarcely know how to use the DECORATE lump appropriately, and I'm just more comfortable with Dehacked.

Darkhaven4 said:

Yeah, while this is true, I scarcely know how to use the DECORATE lump appropriately, and I'm just more comfortable with Dehacked.

What do you think did I post the URL for? Read it. It's a lot easier than Dehacked, and you don't have to fuck around with existing sprites.

If you want to do ten times the work that is necessary, fine. But don't blame anyone else that your options are so severely limited. And if you amputate existing items to make room for your new stuff your WAD will eventually make a not so good impression.