Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DarkknightXC

EDGE V1.28 Released

Hmm, well it has improved, but damnit when is someone going to do something about the ugly colour depth in OpenGL? It can't be too hard to load textures properly and with a nice texture format can it? (GL_RGBA8 or something)...

That's about the only real gripe I have with it at the moment.

Hmm, well it has improved, but damnit when is someone going to do something about the ugly colour depth in OpenGL? It can't be too hard to load textures properly and with a nice texture format can it? (GL_RGBA8 or something)...

I'll relay the point to Mr Apted.

That's about the only real gripe I have with it at the moment.

Thats probably one of best things I've heard about EDGE in a long while. Normally with releases you get a torrent of abuse about a whole host of things and to hear that someone so far has only one problem should be read as a complement. Cheers.

Bugs:

You get stuck in a crouch when you use it

The supposed RANGE ability of bullet attacks does not work (i made a sniper rifle bullet attack with a range of 9999 and it crashed)

Software mode looks fugly..sprites get really distorted at certian distances..EDGE's software mode was never that good but this is awful!..ah well, OpenGL mode is faster now so that balances it out

I havent had a decent play around with new DDF things yet though (need to find changelog or new docs..too lazy at moment), i'll report any "findings" when i see em

DarkknightXC said:

Thats probably one of best things I've heard about EDGE in a long while. Normally with releases you get a torrent of abuse about a whole host of things and to hear that someone so far has only one problem should be read as a complement. Cheers.

Heh, the other thing I used to hate about it was the excessive bobbing, but now that's fixed ;)