Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

FFVII:AV Trailer (coolest thing in existance)

Not sure if any of you have seen this before, but there's a newer tralier than the one that I've seen posted on this forum.

Over at http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/ there's some information on characters and stuff (including Tifa, woo), although it's all in Japanese.

The main thing is one of the two trailers available for viewing. While both are good, the first one (the one that's in English) is the coolest thing I've ever seen. If you're a fan of FF, go take a look.

Flash 7 required.

I had that trouble too. I was able to watch them both, but now they don't play.

Don't you mean AC?

Anyway, I've seen the trailer and I think it looks good, I plan on buying it.

Though there was a fan-game made in RM2K called Final Fantasy 7: Ancestral Vengance..but it didnt get very far, you woke up at cosmo canyon, went down, talked to some people, then had a fight with GI Nattak's brother (well..a standard RM2K enemy), then went to a well, and found a water shrine, then some wierd crap happened and it ended

Final fucking Fantasy VI movie, goddammit. Make it a trilogy. It's FUCKING PERFECTLY set up for it. Great characters, great plot, some great locations (ZoZo would be awesome).
1-Beginning to Terra's transformation
2-Terra's transformation to WoR
3-WoR to endgame

OR
1-WoB-WoR
2-WoR to Endgame
3-After Endgame (we need to find out what happened to Shadow, after all). I don't think it leaves enough time, though.

I'd like to have an actual live action movie, too. Actors would be a problem, as well making it work as a MOVIE. But I'm confident it could be done. But if we anted to go CG, Hell, models were in Anthology, let's go people!

Wait, we're talking about FFVII:AC? Looks alright. They certainly had an oppurtunity to do something *really* cool, but seems like it will just be a typical anime cop-out, with typical anime characters and plot, instead some actually interesting shit. OF course, I have to see it anyway. And I don't see Cid . . . that's a problem.

But let's face it, Final Fnatasy VI is what we really wanna see.

Grimm said:

3-After Endgame (we need to find out what happened to Shadow, after all). I don't think it leaves enough time, though.

I think the most common perception is that he commits bushido probably. I think so too. He tells interceptor to leave and says how he failed baram...

heh ff3 kicked ass

I read something about this movie, it's suppose to be very cool, very fast, and VERY hi-tech. Much better than it's...well.....crappy predecessor. (spelling)

S1lent said:

I read something about this movie, it's suppose to be very cool, very fast, and VERY hi-tech. Much better than it's...well.....crappy predecessor. (spelling)

The final fantasy anime, or the spirits within?

The design looks awesome. I particularly like the "for the children, for a memory, for himself" story theme.

I think it was "spirits within." It was teh 3D animated one that was in theaters a while back. It was cool graphics wise but the story line was kinda cheesy in my taste and didn't seem like it had much to do with the Final Fantasy that you see in games.

bottom line is that only FFVIII was any good so this one hasto be better than that otherwise i don't really like FF series

Nanami said:

FFVIII was good? Are you crazy?

he must be if he thinks ONLY 8 is good...jesus, that one is almost universaly accepted as the bottom of the barrel for FF games...i'd rather play Chronicles over that

Heh, i would tend to agree with the post about FF8 being one of the better ones... Oh and FFTatics for the Playstation was good.

I've played most of the Square games now, and this is (to me) the best Final Fantasy of them all... (excluding X, X-2, XI, Chrono Trigger[i know this is not FF... but w/e] because i havent played them).

The other games that were good by Square are Super Mario RPG And Secret of Evermore.

By the way, My freind and i were talking about this very thing[FFVIIAdvant Children], its suposed to be a movie from what he said... [He also said he'd allready dled it. and watched it] (If it is a game, i dont know any better, but it dose look like a moive.... abit, a really good one if you like this sorta stuff, whitch i do)

Now for my irrelivent 2 cents on Square Soft/Enix (w/e).

While being a good game developer, or w/e, I think they have some problems in the sense that they are too cautious as are all gaming companys (abit, not with out reson).

Things that they could improve on are:
Mostly the story line, they are good, but they always involve some sorta "Evil" entity... They should try and get away from the black and white basics and divulge in to the grey matter of things... Give the "Last Boss" more of a personality, give him a heart breaking background that made him this way... like he was beaten ass a child, or experimented on, not just possesed by some evil force, or is just plain out to get self gain.

Anyways... yeah... Looks great.

Macro11_1 said:

Mostly the story line, they are good, but they always involve some sorta "Evil" entity... They should try and get away from the black and white basics and divulge in to the grey matter of things... Give the "Last Boss" more of a personality, give him a heart breaking background that made him this way... like he was beaten ass a child, or experimented on, not just possesed by some evil force, or is just plain out to get self gain.

Er, you have played FFVII right? Heh.

This will sound really lame to you, but i didnt play FF7 because for the fact that it took way to long to get in to... i dont know why, i jsut didnt like that one.... though i didnt evin make it out of the city i have a vauge idea of the story line... but i will go check a walk thorugh to see what your talking about.... but you have to admit, quite a bit of the others are mostly just an evil entity. whats wrong with that? Its an rpg for one, needs a story line for all charecters, second, its just overused... why dont they have a bad guy like the joker... (no im not kidding, you ever see how twisted, and kinda funny he is...? seriously) but anyways...

yeah, guess i should research befor i say anything... sorry bout that... though i have played most of the games, and FF8 is the only one i could play from start to finish.

FFVII is pretty much what you described. Sephiroth isn't just evil for no reason. He was a normal person at first, and in the flashbacks you interact with a younger version of him. He used to be a goodguy, a strong warrior and first rank in SOLDIER. He was a hero of many people.

After that he learned more about the experiments with mako that the Shinra was doing and thought he himself might've been an experiment. He read up on the Jenova project (remebering Jenova was the name of his mother), found out about professor Gast, then read notes on the Cetra and Jenova. Mistakenly thinking Jenova was a Cetra, he thought himself a "superior" being than humans, and called them traitors. He then went to see Jenova (locked in a reactor in Mount Nibel).

He killed a bunch of people on the way there, and then when he arrived, pulled Jenova from the cell. Cloud showed up and hurt Sephiroth, and then shortly after Sephiroth fell into the lifestream. Being in the lifestream would normally kill a person, but Sephiroth isn't a normal person. Instead he gained knowledge and power, and conducted a plan to "become one with the planet."

Grimm said:

Give us a Final Fantasy 6 movie, you bastards!

Hear hear, put this man in charge of Squaresoft!, and keep Terra's hair green!

Edit: bloody keyboard!

FFT is my favorite... then FFVII and FFX, FFXI, and somewhere near the end of the list would be FFVIII and FFX-2.

FF3j > *.*

And I find it hard to give even remote credit to a game whose idea of dialogue is: "YOUR PUNISHMENT IS DEATH BEYOND DEATH!"

FF fans, two words: You'll Love It. (saw it, it's great, get it.)