Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Doom 3 Q&A at HomeLAN Fed

HomeLAN Fed has scored yet another Q&A with id CEO Todd Hollenshead. This one covers most of the basics as well as Half-Life 2, multiplayer, the Doom movie and even news on a possible demo (as well as remaining vague about a release date, argh!):

Our mission in life is to get the PC game done, so we're not going to have a demo prior to going "Gold". Once "it's done" we will work on getting a demo out as soon as we can.

The script is continually being tweaked, but it's close to being final and we think it's great. Warner Bros. is getting close to running out of their option time, so they will either decide to make a big commitment to the movie soon or we'll be back on the free agent market with the rights. I know several of the other studios would absolutely love to get a second chance to work with us on the DOOM movie.

So there you go. Head over to read up on the rest.

I'm guessing it'll be out in september... because if he doesn't know if they'll make it by Quakecon, I think it's fair guess that there is quite a bit of work remaining. If there was so little left that he could give a good estimate about the time remaining, I think he would. But it isn't. So... uhm... yeah.

fr15t p005t?

Arno said:

The demo won't come out before the full version... :(

Hardly surprising.

"I'm sure that people are underestimating how truly frightening the game really is and how well the story is integrated into the game. We still haven't shown several of the really nasty demons in the game, and people are going to go nuts over them."
I like the sound of that

Hopefully game comes out in august, and @ quakecon since I'll be there, but I doubt it. Flying from seattle to dallas.

I'm guess bigger than a bread basket. :D

At least they seem to like where the Doom movie script is going.

Skeletor said:

i wonder how big he'll be.

I heard that if your inside a building and he's outside he can stomp down through the roof with his cyber-hoof and crush you like an insect. :p

Doom Dude said:

I heard that if your inside a building and he's outside he can stomp down through the roof with his cyber-hoof and crush you like an insect. :p

lol. That would be cool. But no, that sounds more like an action game than horror action.

I heard he will be one or two feet taller than the Hell Knight.

Dammit the Doom3 Cyberdemon better not be just 9 or 10 feet tall, he should be very very big, around 30 feet or so tall, IMO. Remember this description: "Rocket shooting colossus"?
I think he should fit that description.

I bet his footsteps will shake the ground. It should be an effect similar to the T-rex in the Jurrasic Park movie.

That would be awesome, if liquids and lights shook when the Cyb or spidey came into action

To make that movie they need to simply associate themselves with a good director, and they (the developers) should get involved to a degree themselves. If not we'll get crap, like the novels.