Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

you smartass jive turkeys. (case modding)

the monitor thread gave me a new thread idea. What if any case mods have you done?

i did have pictures early on of my 'soviet' mod. i made several improvments but never shard any of those pictures.

i used a TM108 case. original had soviet/communist symbol and USSR written on the side. i later cut out a large section and made a glowing red hammer and sickle shape with placstic and LED lights. i gave it a more industrial look with various metal banding and parts i got from my uncle and grandfather. the only thing i could not find was a yellow cold cathode light for inside the case.

however it saddens me that i later scraped this when i updated and built the new system. my case looks a bit plain and lame now. however soviet system will rise agian, when i got time

I did a mod on my old P5 that ran at 120mHz. I took my Gateway P5-120 case, painted it black (leaving the gold G and the white P5-120 logo), cut a square hole on top, put a plexiglass window in it with a fan that glows green, and for a fan grate I got the Unreal logo. Then I upgraded it to a P5 that runs at 233mHz. As soon as I get money, I'll get some cool IDE cables for inside. I also plan on writing the kanji for "sakura" on it in white since I call the computer Sakura. (kanji here: http://japanese.about.com/blkow2.htm )

DJ_Haruko said:

Then I upgraded it to a P5 that runs at 233mHz.

Who would have thought a P5 could reach speeds of 233mhz, thats a 33mhz faster than my old pentium 1!!!

[/smartass jive turkey]

My case has a nice hole in the side of it - haven't got a window to put in it yet and a neon light.

I have a via mini-itx built into an old speaker box (you wouldn't be able to tell if it wasn't for the cables and a bright led on it), - although minus the speaker as it tends to wreck hhd's and the like, heh.

Case mods totally fail to interest me.

Maybe if it had been big five years ago, but I had begun to modify cars by then and I was working on my Merc 190E project by the time the modded PC cases became really popular.

Cars are my passion more than PCs.