Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

CD sleeves suck

They better not put D3 in friggen cd sleeves. If there's anything that pisses me off, it's those cheapass paper sleeves. I want a damn HARD cd case where they sit in, or a DVD edition with a DVD case. DAMN CD SLEEVES TO HELL! To me it says "we spent all this time on the game but were too cheap to get plastic cases"

Yeah, I hate them too (although SH3 had these cool black paper sleeves). On the other hand, it raises the cost of packaging.

I personally hate dvd cases. Theyre huge and cheap-feeling.

I prefer DVD cases. They're more durable. Though I know what you mean by "cheap feeling".

Whatever they do, I pray they don't use CD sleeves or that crappy cardboard stuff (like they used in Descent 3, among others). It's got to be in a plastic case, or I'm going to be spending about $5 US to get cases for it.

I hate games that come in CD Sleeves. They are alway so annoying, you lose them easily, and 9/10 of the time the CD Keys are on it so you can't peal it off or anything. I wish they would spend a few pennies more to give you a plastic case rather than a paper sleeve.

I like the case Quake I came in, it was a little cardboard, a little plastic, had a little slot for the booklet. Mine's still in decent shape and now looks a little antique.

I'd prefer a transparent Rubix Cube case thing (not been invented yet), because;
A)this is set in the future.
B)I like windows and other see-through objects.
C)dsm loves puzzles :-P

(oh yea, the Rubix Cube is jumbled = locked. Mwhahahahah)

EDIT: The soul cube is, like, a rubix cube, dude!

I think it wont do anything much different from many other game releases, and its the game being in a jewel case(with cd key on outside case) inside those nifty small pc boxes like the preorder box size.

So far, Painkiller has the best packaging, as far as I'm concerned. Just a normal 3-Disc case. That's how games need to come.

I think they should be packaged in 12 packs of Budwieser. Cold beer, DooM 3 and boobies; what else could you want?

Peace,

Erik "The Bruce"

Amaster said:

Yeah, I hate them too (although SH3 had these cool black paper sleeves). On the other hand, it raises the cost of packaging.

yea and 5 disks, they should have put it in something better, or maybe put the game on DVD. i hope doom 3 dont do that

thats not the game company that does that, so Id really has no control how the 'ship' the game. its up to activision

Sephiroth said:

yea and 5 disks, they should have put it in something better, or maybe put the game on DVD. i hope doom 3 dont do that

thats not the game company that does that, so Id really has no control how the 'ship' the game. its up to activision

ok a few tidbits

they stated that they will not be releasing the game on dvd, as it is too costly to release the game on both cd and dvd formats, and it also means making 2 masters etc...

And they also stated the game will most lilkly be shipped on 3-4 cds

as of the case i do think they should use the traditional plastic type cases...

It'll be released in a DVD case in the UK even if it's not in the US, so it's all good for me :P.