Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
w M w

disable autosave (zdoom)?

From what I've read you're supposed to "go to console" from the game menu... then there's some sort of command:

disableautosave
integer:0

1. bla bla
2. bla bla
3. never

I want number three so it never automatically saves. Typing "disableautosave" just makes it output "disableautosave is set to 0" or something and it keeps saving.

Change it in the Cfg file. That's what I did when I wanted to play doom the classic way

Cool, thanks for the quick response. Here is the link to the "zdoom console commands page" where I found the information to do it the way I said:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/wiki.phtml?title=Console_Commands

The specific excerpt is quite near the bottom:

"disableautosave
integer: 0
Controls how frequently the game automatically saves for you. The possible settings are:
Whenever you enter a new level and whenever the level requests it.
Only when the level requests it.
Never."

However, if it can be done by altering that file you mentioned, can you tell me how maybe?

w M w said:

However, if it can be done by altering that file you mentioned, can you tell me how maybe?

Step 1: Select the config file for zdoom
Step 2: Click open with and select to open it with notepad, microsoft word, or some other text program
Step 3: Once you've opened it right look for "disableautosave=0"
Step 4: Change it to disableautosave=1 or something like that im not sure I didn't do it recently so I forgot exactly how

Ps. I know this post is confusing im a bit drunk at the moment

I think I figured it out. (just set it to 3) It was an "ini" extension file. This should work. Thanks.