Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spidercyberdemon

If DOOM 2 had two new monsters...

What do you think they should be?

Please list

1.Hitpoints (Demon has 120, Baron of Hell has 1000, Spider Mastermind has 3000)
2.Weapon
3.Damage that weapon can do
4.Description and name
5.Reason why you chose this monster.

Also, please do not include heretic/strife/hexen monsters

A sandy Paterson boss head with no weapon, 1 hit point and has a pole going through his eye.

Name: Hell-bot

1.Hitpoints
2.Weapon
Duel Chain Gun
Same ammount as the spider mastermind can do.
4.Description
Cyborg with Two Big Chainguns and lazer targeting[able to shoot 2 targets at the same time, up to 180 degreese feild of shooting from front.)... Nuff said.
Cyborg with Two Big Chainguns and lazer targeting... Nuff said.

Name: Various traps/ Traps Master
1.Hitpoints
Traps: 1000-0 [infinit]
Master: 3000
2.Weapon
Traps: Anything allready in the game, but stationary...
Master: Archvile attack, Activates traps within your corrosponding sector
Traps: Refer to above satement
Master: Half the archvile attack Dmg, but 1/3 faster
4.Description
Traps: uhh... Traps???
Master: the stupid annoying things in hexen that act like ghosts and some times wont die. but on fire... and more transparent. has phasing [goes transuculent some times tellaports to a Spawn location]
Because it would be wayy cool...

Said by Grazza:
"None. Doom2 is complete and well-rounded as it is."
(too lasy to put in quotes)

heh.... why post that here, why not just think of an idea to put here, instaid of saying taht there shouldent be a cause to think of new things...

f.y.i. if people didnt have imagination, where would we be? a wrold with out doom for one...

so how about posting someting? instaid of "doom is good... dont change it..."
you could say "doom is good. but what if....(insert somghing with imagionation)"

Sorry, just people who post just to reject somthing irks me, so sorry if i have offended any one.

Heh, maybe it's his imagination at work...

In DOOM 2 no, but I'd add bosses in Thy Flesh, Evilution, and Plutonia.

Gun turret

Hit points:

Weapon:
Duel machine guns

Description:
The story mentioned the "computers going berserk" now, levels set in a milliary base would have a security system. The security system would be controled by these computers. So, the turrets don't just attack you, they will attach everything! You could turn them on and off, and use them to set traps and the like. They’d be tough little buggers to, and hard to hit.

Yes, I know that strife has a turrent, but... meh.

Macro11_1 said:

Said by Grazza:
"None. Doom2 is complete and well-rounded as it is."
(too lasy to put in quotes)

heh.... why post that here, why not just think of an idea to put here, instaid of saying taht there shouldent be a cause to think of new things...

f.y.i. if people didnt have imagination, where would we be? a wrold with out doom for one...

so how about posting someting? instaid of "doom is good... dont change it..."
you could say "doom is good. but what if....(insert somghing with imagionation)"

Sorry, just people who post just to reject somthing irks me, so sorry if i have offended any one.

The problem with people's "imagination" is that people tend to come up with crap ideas.

Doom 2 is indeed well-rounded and complete - there's nothing wrong with coming up with new monster ideas, but until I come up with a truly kickass monster idea that wouldn't seem out of place in Doom 2, I'll go with Grazza's sentiment.

I'd reserve monster ideas for Doom TCs/PCs - I hate the thought of lame monsters in the original game.

A monster I've had in my head for years is a gargoyle (not one of those goddamn Heretic little shits) - a huge, flying demon about as tough as a Baron that spits continuous flame at you up close and has some magic attack at range. Don't ask about specifics, because I've never found a satisfying range of stats for such a thing, so thus far, I'm writing it off as one of the abovementioned "crap ideas".

Ultraviolet said:

Imagine a world where people can spell...

Sorry if i have offended you, but isint it nice that you can read it, with out trouble?

~Anyways, sorry about my befor comment, it was 1:00Am, and i was tired and didnt realise that it would be additions to doom2. My bad, Sorry about that Grazza.

bats with screams that make your ears bleed and attack similar to the lost soul only they do a shitload of damage and only appear in a level with a really dark cave so it's hard to see them until it's too late

Heh heh.....

Anyway, I've always wanted to make a spiderdemon who, once is killed, his legs and body are destroyed but the platform his giant brain is on flies up and starts attacking you. Then, once you kill that his huge brain falls out of the pod and splatters on the ground, electrical wires tangling and sending out electric shocks.

I always thought it would be nice to see a really original character. Something like 'Spawn' in Quake? Yeah, I think It would be interesting. And a new 'flying' monster, as there are only three out of more than twnenty.

Like:
Teh jumpy one
1. 60hp
2. himself; bitting at close distances and exploding on death
3. subtracting 15-20 health on bite, and more than 40-45 on explosion
4. Human-like head with dozens of sharp teeth, moving on eight/ten short legs. Ever seen "The Thing" movie?
5. Heh... it would be creepy

Teh flying one
1. 200/300hp
2. releases a tentacle to catch you, and pick you up... then squeeze till death comes.
3. No matter the health and armour, this would kill you if you got caught
4. Human torso with head, this head would have an open eye in it's mouth, and it's "original" eyes would have been shut. A black cloak hanging from it's neck.
5. This would be creepy as well, and it's ability to kill you no matter what, would greatly improve the gameplay.

I uploaded 3 new monsters to the bestiary today. Wonder when they'll show up.

Renon

a dude with bandages on his face and torso. straightjacket.
Ravens wings.
Piercing hysterical laughter.
Elongated body.
Rotting flesh
glowing red eyes.

Soul Destroyer

This is the Cyberdemon's big brother, and just a step away from being the Baphomet himself. Fucking HUGE, nearly twice the size of the Cyber, a good 4500 hit points, and the added bonus of a magical staff that can switch between hit scan and rocket launcher-esque attacks. He's also capable of summoning small amouns of lesser Demons to do his bidding. The only upside to this beast is his slowness, he's even slower than the Cybie or the Spider Mastermind. 'Ware him, he takes one hell of a beating to take down, and he's impervious to other demons' attacks, as well being able to resurrect ANY monster (aside from the Bahpomet of course).
As for this guy's looks, let's say he's around 40-50 feet tall, several tons, bright shiny red eyes, transparent wires criss crossing his body all over, and you can see blood being pumped through said wires into the various parts of his body. He's as big around as a Cyber and a half. His skin is a super tough synthetic made by the Demons, and as stated before this makes him terribly hard to take down. His arms and legs and midsection are massive, laced with wiring, torn in places, showing muscle, gore and circuitry. His mouth is open in a snarl, blood dripping between his sharp, jagged metallic teeth. His hands end in long sharp claws, which he uses up close to disembowel any marine who dares get close. His feet are ebony hooves, capable of stomping the shit out of any marine (that's you of course) who gets too close.
His weapon is a huge fiery red staff with the prongs of the weapon bent in the shape of a goat's head, with which he can raise all manner of hell.

Heh

DooMBoy said:

A surprisingly good idea.

Hm, interesting.

Very well, the damn staff is gone. He can use his damn hands, dammit.

Cyb said:
bats with screams that make your ears bleed and attack similar to the lost soul only they do a shitload of damage and only appear in a level with a really dark cave so it's hard to see them until it's too late

You fucking bastard.

I think a good idea would be an Imp who wears pants, so instead of killing him you can just pull his pants down and embarass him so he'll leave you alone for awhile.

Let's see here...

How about a tall gray demon, devoid of any lower body, ending in a bloody stump, which drips blood, who hovers/floats wherever he wants to go, except that he can't really fly. He is, however, capable of floating of up to 10 feet in the air, before he loses the ablity to be airborne and comes back to the ground. His midsection would be strips of flesh and bloody muscle, connected by bone and tissue, with the actual flesh/muscle moving back and forth slowly, as blood and ichor oozed out from between the muscle/flesh.
He would look just like something from a nightmare. 8 to 10 1/2 feet tall, weighing in at about a ton or so, has no appendages to speak of. His face would consist of two beady black eyes, unblinking, and the rest of his face would consist of two long trunk-like growths. With these he could suck the player closer (while his eyes glow a deep red) and then beat the living shit out of the player with said trunk-like growths. For his other attack, he would use the power of his mind to attack the player, draining his health away slowly, impairing the player's vision and reducing the amount of damage the player's armor can take by half. Of course, such an attack would only last as long as five to ten seconds, any longer than that and I'm sure it'd be pretty unfair.
His hit points would be about the same as the Baron, maybe a little higher.