Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Well, I'm fucked...

I did the stupidest thing you could ever do... I modified the main Doom wad. God I am a MORON!!! I used XWE to replace a sound, and to Wintex, sounds imported with XWE are "Bad sound types." I tried to use the original sound effects, but it was still modified. I tried to use Wintex to fix this, and I got the "No modifying main wads" error. Man, now I can't play Doom 2 with Doom95, not that I would actually use that port anyway.

Man, I am so damn stupid. My only correct source of getting Doom 2 was my game disc which is now broken due to my carelessess. If I warez the game, it will be incorrect and have Doom 1 stuff that doesn't belong in the Doom 2 wad.

If someone can send you the files you need that are from the original IWAD, you can make a PWAD out of them and merge them with the original IWAD, and voila, your Doom2 IWAD is repaired.

Well, if you replaced a DOOM I and II sound, you could perhaps get that sound from your DOOM.wad, and re-modify your DOOM2.wad. Otherwise, perhaps you could ask someone to mail you the missing sound (I do not know whether this is legal or not).

Whoo! Bashe saves the day! Thanks for whoever suggested merging the sound with the wads! I owe you one...

I think you still might have problems with your IWAD if you're ever going to use it online (DC, Skulltag, ZDaemon), since the original Doom2 IWAD had a certain amount of wasted bytes.

If you don't have your original copy (the cd, or disks), because you broke it, you should at least make two copies of the DOOM2 directory on your computer. Specially if you use utilities that have the potencial to fuck your iwad. And don't use DOOM95, it sucks hard.
Take some care next time.

make copies, i have a few doom(2).wad files on the HD and many many doom disks. 3 original doom2 and doom disks. collectors, and others

Yeah, I hate Doom95. I REALLY hate how the sound is lower pitched than usual. Oh well, I use Zdoom.

Bashe said:

Yeah, I hate Doom95. I REALLY hate how the sound is lower pitched than usual. Oh well, I use Zdoom.

Really? I thought it sounded like it does in the normal game. How odd.

EDIT: Got rid of a few rude comments to DarkWolf. Didn't want to sound like a troll.