Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dron

Yet another Quake thread

Well im bored and felt like doing something new. So I decided to make a Quake level. I went and looked for a Quake editor altough I was greeted with the names of many different Quake editors I can't seem to download one! All I can find are broken links to homepages. Does anyone have a download link to a Quake1 WINDOWS editor? Help is very appreciated

-Dron

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away... No.
Anyway; A long time ago I mapped some for Quake 2 and I used the editor QOOLE. I believe its also capable of editing for Quake 1 and several other games. Try searching for that. If you cant find it, let me know, maybe I have a copy of the program stored somewhere around here.

Worldcraft was the quake editor that I played around with for a while. Try searching for that.

I've used Quark, Qoole, and Worldcraft.
Qoole is very easy to use if you are doing something simple.
try google; but I'm sure they are on gamespy if not elsewhere.

I also used QOOLE which was very easy and intuitive. However even 5 years ago I had trouble tracking down a copy.

many editors only have a 'demo' version. so finding the full version is a bitch. many are no longer in developement. a few i used
worldcraft, impossible to find a full version and is no longer developed. you can edit worldcraft 3.x to edit quake
tread3d, a full version is tricky to find. but being that it was free. however i dont think it is in developement.

qoole is another, i do remember a quake and a quake 2 version.

Tread3d is still avaliable, and has the super-cool lightmap preview feature (so you can see the lighting in the 3d mode, unreal style). It's buggy though, and you have to go through fileplanet.

GTKradiant is suitable for Q1, and probably the most powerful editor but not as easy to set up.

I've got a registered version of Worldcraft on here if you want it sent to you, since it's nigh on impossible to find anymore.

yea tread3d does have that cool preview ability. also supports more games. sadly it is no longer in developement, or maybe it changed i have not checked on it.