Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chopkinsca

z_checkheap error in PRBoom

I know what the error means, I just have no idea how to correct it. I quickly went throught the 11,000 sidedefs to see if any of them referenced no sector, but either I missed it/them, or it doesn't appear in the list or something.

This is just gravy.

In legacy it is all weird. My map is there with all the textures in the proper places and such, but it is also filled with what seems like hundreds of randomly placed lines. Both BSP and Zennode create this effect. Maybe I fucked up my map...

I think I used to get this error in doom2.exe when I tried to start a map that had an unclosed sector. Might want to look to make sure every sector is totally closed.

Mordeth said:

Sounds like a (fatal) error occurred in your editor, not PrBoom.

I am sure you are correct. I had the map open and went to start a new map but I get an error of "Object variable or with block variable not set". It was in doombuilder that it happened, but I have no idea when or how it occured.

I have no idea what to do now. damn it.

It was in doombuilder that it happened, but I have no idea when or how it occured.

Thats too bad, maybe you have found a bug. Maybe I could fix it if you could tell me exactly what you did to make that happen.

I wish I knew. It happens with any map. I will load it, then open a new map and it gives the same error.
I'm confused now. I guess I should try re-installing Doombuilder again..

edit: That changed nothing...

The "Object or with block variable not set" error happens to me all the time as well, when I try to start a new map. It has never corrupted anything though.