Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
havoc

Collector's Edition in 3D?

I recently bought the Collector's edition of Doom and would like to play this in 3D.With all the upgrades and patches I'm not sure which ones to use.Can anyone please tell me which upgrades I need and where to find them to play this game in 3D? I'm running Win XP with a Radeon 9800 Pro.
Thanks

What actually do You mean by "in 3D"?
Doom is a pseudo 3d game (2d hack, see Unofficial Doom Specs for more) and there are several sourceports which allow You to play the game in full 3d (i.e. stand on things, 3d bridges-only in specific levels). Most modern ports support 3d things such as standing on a monster. The ports that sport 3d architecture (bridges, 3d floors and such) are Doom Legacy, EDGE, Vavoom and Risen 3d. Tough I doubt there will be a level in the C.E. to use some of the ports' features. Explain more what You mean by this 3d.
Upgrades and patches? Grab a source port pal, don't waste time with the vanilla doom2.exe if You're on XP.

yes, there are no need for ports with doom collector's edition...

i just bought and it's smooth. I just uninstalled all my ports...

Nmn said:

What actually do You mean by "in 3D"?
Doom is a pseudo 3d game (2d hack, see Unofficial Doom Specs for more) and there are several sourceports which allow You to play the game in full 3d (i.e. stand on things, 3d bridges-only in specific levels). Most modern ports support 3d things such as standing on a monster. The ports that sport 3d architecture (bridges, 3d floors and such) are Doom Legacy, EDGE, Vavoom and Risen 3d. Tough I doubt there will be a level in the C.E. to use some of the ports' features. Explain more what You mean by this 3d.
Upgrades and patches? Grab a source port pal, don't waste time with the vanilla doom2.exe if You're on XP.

I think he means 3DDOOM, ive seen it on a site somewhere and it looked pretty intresting. The thing is it probably uses a whole different engine and crap. I forget the site though...

Oh well...it looked just liked the origional DOOM2 levels.

Inferno said:

I think he means 3DDOOM, ive seen it on a site somewhere and it looked pretty intresting. The thing is it probably uses a whole different engine and crap. I forget the site though...

Oh well...it looked just liked the origional DOOM2 levels.

Or it could be JDoom, all of the resource files for it (models, high res textures etc) adn either the Doom shareware or Ultimate Doom packaged in with it, which is most likely the case.