Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

"The Last Strongholds a.t. Abyss to Hell" (May,31th)

madmax said:

I think the wave idea is pritty dum, so can you make the level like
reguler maps with out the wave thing

You're going to call a good idea dumb, bump an ancient thread, all while using some of the worst spelling and grammar I have ever witnessed? Time to go back to elementary school, kiddo.

Oh yeah, Tormentor should finish this project. I was looking forward to it.

Looks bitchin! Hay, why don't you use one of the custom monsters from the monster resource mod, or use a boss from the boss monster resource wad for your levels?

Chronoteeth: As far as everybody else here knows, this project is long dead...I'll admit it looks great, but who knows what Tormentor is up to?

@madmax - No!

@wildweasel - No, it is not dead, I just had to wait for .91 and now I have to wait for Chilvence to clean up my script and then the "secret ZDoom project" must be finished (*lol*) and then I continue in this thing ;)

@Nightmare - Pssssst!!! Don't tell it anyone *laughs* :)

I know I know, I was just suggesting that someone shoud use those wads, never seen them in any level yet, and they even want people to use them.

The ZDoom Community Map Project and Tormentor's own Torment and Torture Lost Episode (both released a while back) make use of the monster resource wad. The forthcoming ZDCMP2 and Knee Deep in ZDoom will both use it too.

Chronoteeth said:

Nice, anyone also going to use the boss monster wad? i mean, hells battery and the hammer hound are freaking awsome (and hard)

They are awesome I agree, but hard? Hell no, they are incredibly slow and don't have very powerful attacks that has any chance in hell of hitting you.

Erik: I agree. The Hammerhound can be taken down so easy with just a rocket launcher and a bit of distance.

But what if it was on nightmare, they didn't attack each other, and it was 6 hell's batterys, in a semi-opened space, now, that would be hard.

My new mod, mouac(has nothing to do with original mouac)freewebs.com/mouac, also features some monsters from the monster resource pack, however I have, of course, coded them to my own liking.

Where can I find the boss resource pack? The one you were talking about with "hammerhound" in it etc.?

Nice looking project, I like everything about it.

how about a map with some friendly marines, to help mow down the attackers, or even better, a way to position marines or turrets around the base before the attackers come, Like in a 'preparation phase' before the attack. THat would be awsome. Then you would have the strategy of where the best place to put your limited marines/turrets before each battle.

Pretty awesome. The only real problem I have with it is the title. Maybe it's the fact that I'm a Planescape fanboy, but Abyss to Hell sounds kind of redundant. In Planescape, Hell and The Abyss are similar places. ...Gateway to the Abyss, or ...Gateway to Hell are my alternate suggestions. I'm just saying though.

Also, make sure to put a few (or better yet, a lot of) non-standard (not doom2.wad) monsters in it. It would make it more fun. :P