Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
devilscry

Transporter Trouble

Hey all, just had 1 question as i'm just starting map making. I got my first transporter working from 1 area to the next. But the second transporter i made, beamed me to the same place the first teleporter did, even tho the 2nd one had a different beaming location? does this make sense to anyone? i'm using doombuilder if that help, do i need to specify co-ordinates into my 2nd location? Hope u guys can help.
-d

Each transporter needs a (tagged) destination sector in which a 'transporter exit' is located.

It sounds like your second transporter line is 'tagged' to the same destination sector as the first. Change the tag number from the second teleporter line to the appropriate second destination sector.

hope that help :-p

Like this.

1. Set up your teleporter with appropriate flats, etc.
2. Left-Click on all the lines you want to make into teleporter-when-crossed-type lines.
3. Set the correct linedef action, like so...

[-]Teleport
   |-W1 Teleport
   |-W1 Teleport (Monsters only)
   |-WR Teleport
   |-WR Teleport (Monsters only)

4. Set the Sector Tag paremeter to the tag # of the destination sector.
5. Tag the destination sector to the same tag # as the teleporter lines.
6. Place a Teleport Destination thing *inside* the destination sector.
7.Play your map with a working teleporter.

You didn't mention what map format are you using. (Darkhaven4 description is for Doom's map format, though you should use hexen format, if the engine it is supposed for supports it!)
With hexen format, it's slightly different, you can use a sector tag for the target or you can use a target tid.
Whatever you use, I guess your targets aren't unique, ie. they must be differ in sector tag or tid.

Tne second teleporter needs to have a sector tag, the first one needs to have flipped linedefs and a linedef tag.