Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

So the June 15th rumour....

Whichever you think is closer to the actual date of it's release.

wildweasel-r3000 said:

If it does come out June 15th, then I'm buying it - because that just happens to be my birthday.

Snap!!! same here, please ID make my birthday and wildweasels a special one

a question of relevence... how far in advance of a release date does a press release usually come?

From what I have seen, from the time it is announced as going GOLD to release has been 2 - 4 weeks. I have never seen an announcement of going GOLD and will be released in 1 week.

Spore said:

From what I have seen, from the time it is announced as going GOLD to release has been 2 - 4 weeks. I have never seen an announcement of going GOLD and will be released in 1 week.

That's funny, when Magic Battlegrounds was released for X-Box, there wasn't a press release until the day it went gold, and imagine this, it was saying it had went gold!

In other words, I don't think we'll get a press release until it actually goes gold, because if you think about it for a second, it doesn't make much sense to announce something is going gold weeks in advance.

Goliath said:

I heard of a July 20th date at ebgames.

Yeah, a local store here swears by god, it comes out on July 20th. They even put up a giant poster with that date on it.
Of course this means nothing, but...

In a thing about the Doom movie (and it being based on Doom 3 now) they had the July 15th release date. Hmm...

Well atleast we're actually getting pheesible release dates now. I wouldn't mind it waiting until then. This weekend I'm hosting a Magic tournament and will be low on money, then next week is the summer fair here which will cost me money (+ my bf) and then the weekend after is July 4th. Time will fly, be here before I know it.

Melfice - Sorry I meant from time of press release announcing had gone gold till on shelves was 2 - 4 weeks.

Spore said:

Melfice - Sorry I meant from time of press release announcing had gone gold till on shelves was 2 - 4 weeks.

Ah okay, that makes more sense, and fits with the Battlegrounds example I was giving, it was announced as gold but then took a few weeks for it to ship to the stores and be put on shelves.

You know-- they said summer... which, in my book, could be as late as September 21st.

Numbermind said:

You know-- they said summer... which, in my book, could be as late as September 21st.

Well personally I'm not really complaining that much at this point. We have only so much time before the end of summer, regardless of if its after or before QuakeCon, we know we're getting it within the next 3 months.

Yea but Eb should no if a date has been set for sure. Being that they would handle most of the preorders.

yea....eb told me the 20th as well....which may seem plausible, but then i also heard Oct 5 for Xbox....so either they're really on the ball or really full of shit

Ah okay, that makes more sense, and fits with the Battlegrounds example I was giving, it was announced as gold but then took a few weeks for it to ship to the stores and be put on shelves.

Well "Going gold" means that the final version of the code (well, until the patches) has been burned to a CD to be sent to the publishers, who then have to print millions of copies of that CD, along with box art and manuals, then ship it to stores..which takes time obviously

I read somewhere that they can make 1,000,000 copies of a game in 72 hours. They had to for Perfect Dark a while back...Or I think it was Perfect Dark.

Well in the new issue of Game Informer I got today, it has doom IIIs release date set at July 26th.

I have heard a rumour that they will release it on June the 15th !!

Zoost said (on June 16th):
I have heard a rumour that they will release it on June the 15th !!

Wow someone fell for that.

Not that it is official, but Amazon dot com now has a date of:

August 1, 2004.

Ouch!

Booya!

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

I guess no DooM 3 July 15th either.

Peace,

Erik "The Bruce"