Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unknown imp

Has anyone ever made any new enemies?

Heres another unknown imp question/idea. Anyone ever made any new enemies along the looks of the original doom enemy sprites? Whats the max size for an enemy to take up? Becuase itd be awesome to have an Arachnatron with a cyberdemon torso and two machine gun arms. Come to think of it, i may try that..

This may be for Hexen, but...heh. Not all of them are mine, of course.

I remember a screenshot from a long time ago that showed a Chaingunner riding an Arachnotron. When the Arachnotron died the Chaingunner jumped off. I think it was from Beyond DooM: The Apocalypse TC, but I don't think it was ever released(I can't find it anywhere). There was an old PC called All Hell Is Breaking Loose. The levels sucked, but the sprites(a floating Baron, a helicopter that dropped marines, and many others) were very good, IIRC. You can download it here.

Immoral Conduct SE has an arseload of new enemies. Let me see (off the top of my head, so may be more, or colours may be off)

Sergeant in Green Marine suit, carries chainsaw.
Zombieman with Assault Rifle
Sergeant with Super Shotgun
Stealth Lost Souls (using beta LS graphics)
Friendly Female Marine, with Military Rifle
Friendly Red Marine, with Super Shotgun
Friendly Orange Marine, with Assault Rifle
Friendly Blue Marine, with Pistols Akimbo.

And don't get me started on Cacodemon Leader's projects.

Trasher][ said:
Immoral Conduct SE has an arseload of new enemies. Let me see (off the top of my head, so may be more, or colours may be off)

Sergeant in Green Marine suit, carries chainsaw.
Zombieman with Assault Rifle
Sergeant with Super Shotgun
Stealth Lost Souls (using beta LS graphics)
Friendly Female Marine, with Military Rifle
Friendly Red Marine, with Super Shotgun
Friendly Orange Marine, with Assault Rifle
Friendly Blue Marine, with Pistols Akimbo.

And don't get me started on Cacodemon Leader's projects.

Where to get?

unknown imp said:

Whats the max size for an enemy to take up? Becuase itd be awesome to have an Arachnatron with a cyberdemon torso and two machine gun arms. Come to think of it, i may try that..

That depends on the monster's size. The player sprite has a height of about 56 pixels. Large monsters need more pixels (like 90 pixels is a generally large monster) Tough monsters shouldn't be too large because they can often look unrealistic (in bad way) not to mention not fitting into the level, heh. Recently Zdoom's Hi-Res sprites are popular, these are larger sprites (even up to 200 pixels) which are rescaled with Dehacked they keep their details while having normal sizes.
Making an arachnotron with Cyber's parts oughta be easy-You can do it quickly, just inteligently copy/paste new tech parts. Use the smudge and smooth tools (PSP has them) to make everything seamless. And never forget about the pallette.