Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Darkhaven4 said:

Episode 2 is pretty much caves and castles all the way through. Except Blood Keep

Doom64? Duh, it had plenty of elements from the original Doom Bible-Unmaker anyone?

stoned said:

I might do a map for the project. E2 could be interesting... M3 or M4 maybe. What kind of maps would you want for those? Just in the style of original E2 of Doom?

E2M3, as I said, is gothic+tech. E2M4 is a hellish castle. So generally, it's sort of in the style of the original E2.

And DarkJedi, the textures in the XDoom.wad don't include the scope of hellish themes, so it's just like a regular Doom1 map... But if you want all the stuff that's done on XDoom so far, check your email.

Yo, darkhaven, can I be in charge in weapons? It became a forte of mine, don't take my MoUAC mod as an indicator of my weapon-making skills, cuz it was bad weapons.

I'd like to add new weapons and touch up the weapons you already have in there.

Sure, be my guest! I've got the following weapons free:

Probe-jectile
Dark Claw
Unmaker
BFG 2704
Machinegun
Possibly the pistol and Bayonet...
Plasma Rifle
Rocket Launcher

Now just let me update the credits screen...

Do you know how I could rip all of the sprites for weapons from the alphas?

Also, can you put weapon recoil in Zdoom? as in the doom bible it says that the weapons have recoil.

One thing I think we should do, though, is focus mainly on making just the first episode, then the next one if we feel like it, first of all because if we made all of them it would be a shitload of work, and second, the only episode with enough detail in the doom bible is episode one.

so, we should finish episode one first, to make sure it gets done, and then we'll move on to the other episodes. Just a suggestion.

deutex/wintex can do easly the job and you'll not feel guilty for use the resources of another guy.

Wintex doesn't do it. I got XWE to do it though.

However, that beta 0.4 resource pack gave me some good ideas for the dark claw weapon, now its actually going to be possible.

Edit:wHacked doesn't work anymore for me, suddenly its giving me run time error 51 and saying it can't load PLAYPAL.LMP. I re-installed it and still had the same problems. DAMN IT'S ANNOYING. DAMN.

Another thing. I'm going to gone for 3 weeks, on a vacation for the beginning of the summer, starting tomorrow(the 9th). So, I won't be able to help out for a while, but *PLEASE* leave the weapons to me, I would have most of them ready for you if the Dehacked editor worked, but as I said above it's royally fucked up. So please wait, I'm almost done all of the guns from the doom bible, but I don't know how to add EXTRA(more than the original 9, including SSG) weapons in Zdoom. The graphics for them are turning out pretty nice. The spray rifle even has a bolt that you pull each time you fire it!

I really don't know how I'm going to do the probiectile, if it's even possible.

WEAPON LIST:
IGNORE THE COLOR CODES FOR EACH GUN.
THIS IS DIRECTLY FROM THE DOOM BIBLE.

Knife (gray). Attachment to the machine pistol. Does minimum damage, more on
back attack.

Machine Pistol (violet). One shot at a time. Has knife attachment for close combat.

Shotgun (blue). One shot at a time. Much more powerful, wider target range.
Heavy recoil.

Automatic machine gun (green). Multiple-shots of pistol-level damage.

Missile launcher (yellow). Shoots very damaging missiles. Large Recoil.

Dark Claw (black). Demon weapon that casts a dark cloud of tortured essence.
Silent but deadly.

Probiectile (orange). Minimal damage, but gives readout on enemy.

Spray rifle (brown). Multiple shots in a 600 are. Powerful as shotgun, but spread
out more. Shotgun recoil.

BFG 2704 (red). Horrible hallway-scouring weapon. Damages user a bit. Awful
recoil. BFG stands for "Big Fucking Gun." Safest use: back to wall, distant target.

Unmaker (white). Demon-tech weapon that hurts pure demons a lot, demon-humans very little, tech demons some. Made of demon bones.

I used DeHackEd 3.0 for the hacks, it WILL NOT work on any other Hack Editor. It uses a custom PLAYPAL lump, that's probably why it won't work.

I got dehacked 3.0, and set up the .ini files for it. It doesn't work.

Edit: Never mind. I got it to work by DELETING the .ini file. Heh.

So is this WAD going to have a total of 10 or 11 different weapons?
Just like the Rise Of The Triad game made by Apogee? Sounds quite intriguing.
Thanks for the email. I ran through your WAD last night. What I liked about it so far was the music on E1M9 and the new sound of the shotgun. As for the maps, they seemed to be only 15% finished, but nevertheless they looked quite ideal for an entrance to a tech-base.

Did you happen to figure out the... *ahem* "Elevator" on E1M9?
Also, I have a little news... I have an early version of E1M2 in development; it's the E1M11 from Alpha 0.4. "Devoid of real level-ness; forget all you have seen!"

EDIT: HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I just cut out more than 300 unneeded vertexes from the map, leaving me with 891 of them.

Yeah, I admit that I also had plenty of problems with unneeded vertices.
They kept on appearing each time that I deleted a big room, it was such a pain.
But fortunately I discovered the JDOOM port and the problem became much less frustrating than it originally was. JDOOM has it's own unique node builder which works differently from many other node builders that I've seen. It fixes many gliches which result from node trouble.
If it wasn't for JDOOM then Demon Abundance might've been somewhat of a disaster!

That is true. The thing I was talking about, however, was the "repeater" vertexes that were required for textures to repeat properly under the Alpha 0.4 engine. I removed a total of 493 repeater vertexes from the map.

My 2 cents:

1. The levels should look FAR more damaged than the final levels do. The impression I got from the Doom Bible was that the demons basically wrecked the Tei Tenga base. Broken computers and flickering lights would work nicely. Tons of bodies, random chunks of the wall and ceiling torn out and destroyed alarm buttons would also work well.

2. The levels should be a bit more realistic. Example: Showers, kitchens, Living quarters, bathrooms and even a bar can be found throughout the level. Also, try to incorperate some of the PS patches from the alphas somewhere.

3. Episode 1 and 3 should be hubs and episode 2 should work like the classic Doom episodes.

4. Use the gun graphics from 0.5. They look much more modern than the 0.4 gun graphics do.

Vegeta said:

deutex/wintex can do easly the job and you'll not feel guilty for use the resources of another guy.

Hey man, check your private messages once in a while ;)

Sorry to derail.

SOME KIND OF FUCKED UP UPDATE: Started adding rooms and detailing E1M2 today.

Plus, I found a version of the Unmaker by Scuba Steve on his "bitch-ass weapons emporium" site.

So will the Unmaker weapon be a new replacement for the BFG9000 weapon #7? Or will it be a totally new weapon #8 or weapon #9 which will be included in a .DEH patch?

Seeing as you cant make a "totally new weapon #8 or #9" using DEH, i assume it will replace something

Oh OK. Sorry folks. I'm not fully aware of all of ZDOOM's technical specs because it's honestly not my favorite port. I only use it occasionally as a last resort if JDOOM crashes. :)

It gives a hotlinking error (I feel so guilty, I'm a bandwith-stealing bastard) and I can't find the wad at the main site.

Heh, incase you didn't notice, you've copied some already existing map names from various Doom games...

E2M3: Blood Keep - NONE
E2M4: Dark Citadel - NONE
E2M6: Breakdown - NONE
E2M7: Catacombs - NONE
E2M8: The Absolution - NONE
E3M8: Hangar - NONE
E3M9: Courtyard - NONE

feeling a little lack of creativity, are we?

Dark Citadel and Courtyard I came up with off the top of my head; I didn't know they were copied from other Doom games. Hangar's there because it was in the Doom bible... The rest I knew I was copying ;)
And by the way, I *might* make a connection with doom2.net soon, so don't worry about that.

Give the guy a break. How can you possibly think of an original map title every single time if there's already so many titles that have been claimed by many other designers before you could even have your chance. I mean, new WADs keep popping up every single week here, and it's literally impossible to browse through each and everyone of them, unless you don't go to school and you don't have any other chores or hobbies to take care of. Our lives are only too busy and too short to account for everything that's out there.
I was one of the lucky and clueless few who actually managed to spring forth some original map titles. But that doesn't mean that it's all like eating beans. The WAD database just grows and grows. Where does it stop? No DOOMer knows......