Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NiGHTMARE said:

Have you considered using .ogg instead of .mp3? It would make the wad quite a bit smaller...

Wow, I never knew that ports support OGG music. Thanks for mentioning.

Oh btw X-Doom is the name of another mod someone has been done that's been around for a few years over at NewDoom so you might want to rename your project or people will think you're ripping other things off even more (kinda like the Doom64 maps)

Melfice said:

Oh btw X-Doom is the name of another mod someone has been done that's been around for a few years over at NewDoom so you might want to rename your project or people will think you're ripping other things off even more (kinda like the Doom64 maps)

Dude, we already know this, it's already been discussed. Read the previous posts at the beginning of the thread, for Pete's sake!
Darkhaven will most likely come up with an original new name once this whole thing gets finished....If he doesn't then I'll come up with a good name instead. I luv to name things :)

Hey guys, I'm back here again. Have you figured out any ways to add extra weapons in zdoom? if that's not possible, then

#1: The doom from the doom bible will not be possible,
and

#2:What are the Zdoom creators thinking? they make such a good port but you can't add new weapons?

But if you can add new weapons, I'm working on the rest of them.
Remember I'm doing all the weapons. I was thinking for the dark claw we could use some .bex stuff from hexen, as the dark claw is supposed to "cast a dark cloud of tortured essence", and for that effect we could use the flechette that makes a poison cloud and change the graphics.

Legend has it that zdoom 64.cab will allow weapons, but I don't thin Xdoom really meant to be a port of the doom bible, more like a mix of the better ideas from doom and the doom bible.

Funny thing is, all "remakes" of the Doom Bible end up as (almost) completly different things. (See Tei Tenga) Let's see what happens to this one.

Captain Red said:

Legend has it that zdoom 64.cab will allow weapons, but I don't thin Xdoom really meant to be a port of the doom bible, more like a mix of the better ideas from doom and the doom bible.

Well, generally yes. But it's mostly based off the Doom Bible with a very limited list of exceptions.

Believe it or not, Darkhaven, but I've finally finished my Heretic2 project last night! It was titled "Colony Of Turbulence" in case you're interested.
I now have the time to start working on E2M5 "Halls of Fear" for your DOOM WAD.....However, I'm not going to rush into it right away...My brain need to take at least a one week break, cause it's been working creatively like a dog lately :)
As for the new name of this project, I promise that you'll be getting it someday....

Alright, Darkhaven, here’s a list of some possible project titles that I managed to come up with:

DOOM: The Odyssey of Oblivion
DOOM: The Wrath of Satan
DOOM: The Bible’s Revelation
DOOM: The Foul Infestation
DOOM: The Plight of Devastation
DOOM: The Chaotic Incident
DOOM: Fatal Judgement

I hope that this is enough possible titles for you. I think that they’re all original and none of them have ever been used before, but you could always correct me if I’m wrong. There’s too many WADs out there, and it’s next to impossible to take all of their titles into account :)

Yay, 100 replies! I just upgraded my PC to a 2500+ Barton Athlon XP, 1 Gig of RAM, a GeForce FX 5500, and a new 80 Gig hard drive. I can finally get back to working on XDoom Doom: The Chaotic Incedent. Or maybe Fatal Judgement? Nice titles, DarkJedi. Maybe I'll make a poll of this...

Darkhaven said:
Well, generally yes. But it's mostly based off the Doom Bible with a very limited list of exceptions.

hmm.... well I don't know what you have in mind exactly, but I thought about doing something like this myself. it was basically going to be a retelling of Knee deep in the dead, but with the entire episode being like one of hexen's HUBs, and with maps and puzzles ideas from the doom bible. the story was basically doom1's but it was set on Tei Tenga. Planned to use a heck of a lot of Alpha graphics for the maps and weapons... I cooked up sprites as well. let me know if any of these take your fancy:

I also cooked up some HUD sprites for the Unmaker. let me know if you want to here what I had in mind for this project.

Darkhaven said:

Nice titles, DarkJedi. Maybe I'll make a poll of this...

Sure, go ahead! Use all of those titles in the poll. I wonder which one of them the people will like the best...
Heh, just don't forget to list my name somewhere on the credits screen of the WAD. I think I earned it :)

Progress: The entry hallway of E2M5 has been built today. It includes one player start, and some health potions with ammo clips. That's it for now.
Should I add any Coop start points, or is this a Singleplayer-only WAD?

DarkJedi188 said:

Alright, Darkhaven, here’s a list of some possible project titles that I managed to come up with:

DOOM: The Odyssey of Oblivion
DOOM: The Wrath of Satan
DOOM: The Bible’s Revelation
DOOM: The Foul Infestation
DOOM: The Plight of Devastation
DOOM: The Chaotic Incident
DOOM: Fatal Judgement

I hope that this is enough possible titles for you. I think that they’re all original and none of them have ever been used before, but you could always correct me if I’m wrong. There’s too many WADs out there, and it’s next to impossible to take all of their titles into account :)

I like the Wrath of Satan. :)

DarkJedi188 said:

Progress: The entry hallway of E2M5 has been built today. It includes one player start, and some health potions with ammo clips. That's it for now.
Should I add any Coop start points, or is this a Singleplayer-only WAD?

You can probably add some coop start points in there, if you want; I'm not gonna say no if you want your map to be Singleplayer only. Also, I began working on E2M1; the mountains area has been built; it's pretty fucking big as is, too.

Heck, sure, put in the coop support. You never know when somebody might want to play it that way.

By the way, Captain Red, those sprites do strike me as interesting, especially the pistol zombie and undead guy w/ helmet. Can you send me some of those sprites in a zip? And yes, I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this project. elric@monumentweb.com

Progress report on E2M5-Halls of Fear:
# of Things: 26
# of Verticies: 112
# of LineDefs: 131
# of SideDefs: 192
# of Sectors: 22

And aligning the GSTONE textures properly takes really really long. But I do it, anyways.

DarkJedi188 said:

Progress report on E2M5-Halls of Fear:
# of Things: 26
# of Verticies: 112
# of LineDefs: 131
# of SideDefs: 192
# of Sectors: 22

And aligning the GSTONE textures properly takes really really long. But I do it, anyways.

What editor are you using? I'm just curious...

I've always used WinDeu16, for everything, including Demon Abundance.
I thought I answered that one before....Oh well.
Anyways, don't worry, I know what I'm doing, I like what I'm doing, and I will get the thing done!
I'm using ZDOOM Build 2.0.63 for beta-testing the map as it grows, becuase I know now for sure that this project is intended for the ZDOOM port. Wouldn't want to let you down in any way.

And I hope that you'll be successful in recruiting many more mappers for the remaining episodes/maps of the WAD. You need more support, I'm not enough.
Since I'm not a robot...and my family travels around a lot during the month of August...I can only do certain amounts of work at certain times....and then in September it's back to a second year of university...
And that's the way life goes :)
Stay in touch with that other Stoned dude, and keep him inspired...

DarkJedi188 said:

And I hope that you'll be successful in recruiting many more mappers for the remaining episodes/maps of the WAD. You need more support, I'm not enough.
Since I'm not a robot...and my family travels around a lot during the month of August...I can only do certain amounts of work at certain times....and then in September it's back to a second year of university...
And that's the way life goes :)
Stay in touch with that other Stoned dude, and keep him inspired...

I've been literally spitting out maps at an incredible rate for the last month or so, speaking of mapping. Most of them will probably not make it to the final version, however.

E2M1: 25% done

KEY UPDATES: All the huge chunky .WAVS that were the music in the wad are being converted into .MP3's to squash down the WAD size a little more. Also, I have a new D_INTRO OGG that I will put inside the wad sooner or later. I'm also starting to work on a new titlepic and credits screen. I've also started re-working E1M1 a bit...

Status of E2M5: The locations of the yellow-skull-key and the blue-skull-key have been determined. The frames for locked doors are already in place......

But there's still a long long long way to go.....