Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My crazy Macuseriness stops me from using ZDoom. I'm guessing the hubs and stuff aren't integrated yet, if you sent me the levels, would I be able to play them in Legacy? Or are you already using other ZDoom features I don't know about?

This sounds like a killer project; I had tried organizing a similar one a few years ago but I was young and foolish and generally bad at life. ;d

I'd love to contribute if I could, just tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do.

superloud4 said:

My crazy Macuseriness stops me from using ZDoom. I'm guessing the hubs and stuff aren't integrated yet, if you sent me the levels, would I be able to play them in Legacy? Or are you already using other ZDoom features I don't know about?

Sorry, you can't. At least not until I fix the "phantom patches" bug in the current version, and Legacy starts supporting internal DEH patches.

Darkhaven said:

Sorry, you can't. At least not until I fix the "phantom patches" bug in the current version, and Legacy starts supporting internal DEH patches.

That's strange; I've used maps with internal Dehacked patches in Legacy before. Actually, I just did earlier today. By internal, you mean stored as part of the wad file instead of as a separate .deh file, right?

Yes. But there's still the "phantom patches" bug and I need to include some separate music lumps for Legacy, and some maps are Hexen format, so be wary...

Darkhaven: what's your email?

I have this old, unfinished E2-style map project lying on my hd. I could send you the prototype. It's not nearly finished, maybe 20%, but you could check it out and tell me if it would fit your project and if you want it. If you're interested i'll start working on it more and maybe build map or two more.

Status of E2M5:

# of Things: 153
# of Verticies: 869
# of LineDefs: 1056
# of SideDefs: 1423
# of Sectors: 184

I've began playtesting the map in unison with the XDOOM WAD which I received in the email.
After noticing that the short red floortorches and the short green floortorches have beeen replaced by technolamps, I was forced to make a few adjustments...Thank god you still left the short blue floor torches intact. Phew!
Another odd thing I noticed is the text messages for the locked doors: "You need a 56K modem to hack this door!".....WTF?.....What happened to the old classic message: "You need a red skull to open this door"?
Yet another odd thing I noticed is that the title of the mission in the automap screen reads "Unholy Altar"......I personally like the "Halls of Fear" better.
Now just one simple question, is it ok if I use a few box crates here and there to get rid of some empty spaces? The players could just assume that the crates have been stolen from the human base by the hellspawn. How does that idea sound?

Halls of Fear is the name of one of Heretic's maps. The people who play Heretic will find it inmediatly. Most probably you figured the name by yourself, but I think that a new name would be more professional.

Huh... I don't own Heretic, so I had no idea. Thanks for telling us.

DarkJedi: Those are some original ideas I had for XDoom relapsing, I guess, where when the player got a modem, a script would be activated, blah blah blah, get it? And those technolamps, I'm gonna take those out eventually...

Oh, sorry about that. You're free to do whatever you want in your map, whatever you think is best. I'm not going to try and limit you, or anything. But if you want my personal opinion, I think that would be pretty cool. ;)

Darkhaven said:

Yes. But there's still the "phantom patches" bug and I need to include some separate music lumps for Legacy, and some maps are Hexen format, so be wary...

Are you going to be using any ZDoom features other than the Hexen maps? Because at some point in the future, Legacy is going to add support for Hexen maps.

stoned said:

Darkhaven: what's your email?

I have this old, unfinished E2-style map project lying on my hd. I could send you the prototype. It's not nearly finished, maybe 20%, but you could check it out and tell me if it would fit your project and if you want it. If you're interested i'll start working on it more and maybe build map or two more.

HELLO! Do you still need mappers Darkhaven?

I just registered on the new XDOOM forum.
From now on I will make all of my progress reports there.

P.S. : Thanks for allowing me to use some box crates :)

Wow, I just played through your map, stoned, and it's fantastic, even for being incomplete. This map shows some potential, if it were completed. Can you say, "E2M3"?

Sure. E2M3 it is. Is the style ok or should i change something? What kind of textures should i use?

The style is good; the only glaring thing that I feel I should point out is to switch out the CEIL1_2 in the sludge room into something else, and make the CEIL3_4 under the hanging computer in the center of the sludge pit in that same room into CEIL1_2.

I'm sorry I can't finish E1M3 because I don't really have the time anymore. I hope someone else can make e1m3.

I can do E1M3 if you like.
I've recently started with the design of a map that looks like a waste processing plant so I can finish it and use it for your project.

Thanks. I've got about 20% done so far. It should be finished by the end of this week.

Are there any levels you still need done? Even though I can't use ZDoom I should still be able to contribute, right?

Hopefully once the new C++ Legacy is done I'll be able to check this thing out...it's going to support Hexen features, ACS scripting, hubs, and all that other fun stuff, so maybe if I'm lucky XDoom will work. I sure hope so, at least.

Sure, you can start work on an XDoom map right now if you want. If you're doing it for Episode 2, there is only one texture you need to worry about, and I'll take care of that if you need me to (issues with TEXTURE1 lump again). And once the newest Mac Legacy successfully rips off ZDoom gets finished, that'll be even better.