Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Best Ending in Movies

What do you guys think are the best endings to a motion picture.

(WARNING: thread obviously may contain movie spoilers)

Mine would be:

Exorcist: When he looks down the stairs and the chilling music starts.

Godfather 2: Michael reminiscing alone (dinner scene and "Michael say Good-bye) and torn as the camera pans out.

Terminator 2: Thumbs up scene: Classic, though somewhat cheesy, but wtf.

Se7en: Unbelievable ending, Pitt looking out the window and the Ernest Hem's quote.

Glory: The only war film with an awesome ending. (Apocalypse Now was too abrupt methinks)

Reservoir Dogs: The shootout (though someone please tell me who shoots "Nice Guy Eddie"?)

doomedout said:

Se7en: Unbelievable ending, Pitt looking out the window and the Ernest Hem's quote.

"Only in a world this shitty could you call these people innocent and keep a straight face." Best speech ever, I agree with every word.

Other great endings: Fight Club; city falling apart as Edward Norton holds the girl and the smoking hole in his neck as the Pixies play. Great movie overall.

Alien ³ : Perfect ending to the trilligy; Ripley gives her life to stop the alien threat and a quote from the first movie, "This is Ripley, first lietenent of the Nostromo, signing off."

doomedout said:

Reservoir Dogs: The shootout (though someone please tell me who shoots "Nice Guy Eddie"?0

mr. pink? it's hard to say, I guess I never knew either. then again, maybe mr. white shot twice, seeing as he survived

Manos, The hands of fate has a brilliant ending, it means the pain is over!

Welcome, I am Michael, I take care of the place while the master is away.

what pain? lol

Well, I liked the end of both Reservoir Dogs and Se7en, but I'm not sure if I'd say either was my favorite. Actually I watched a Korean flick a couple days ago called Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance.. that had a pretty loveable ending :P

The Spy who came in from the Cold
Kiss of the Spider Woman
Brazil
Parallax View
On the Waterfront
Silent Running
Accidental Tourist
Kagemusha
Razor's Edge
Dead Poet's Society
Glory (damn good call)

Opulent said:

The Spy who came in from the Cold
Kiss of the Spider Woman
Brazil
Parallax View
On the Waterfront
Silent Running
Accidental Tourist
Kagemusha
Razor's Edge
Dead Poet's Society
Glory (damn good call)

i havent heard of a single one of these movies

I liked the ending to Heat.
Alien3 was great too, and I agree about that line "This is Ripley, first lietenent of the Nostromo, signing off." For some reason that part really gets to me.

Goat said:

Same...

Big Fish had a good ending.

I liked the ending to...

-RoboCop 1 and 2
-Predator 2
-Yojimbo
-Gojira
-Most other Godzilla movies
-Akira
-Nausica: Valley of The Wind
-A crazy Japanese movie calle "Dead or Alive" simply due to how silly and odd it is

Quast said:

mr. pink? it's hard to say, I guess I never knew either. then again, maybe mr. white shot twice, seeing as he survived

I did a freeze frame through the DVD a couple of months ago. Mr White manages to get two shots off before falling over.

Goat said:

--Opulent's list--

That's a shame. I really like all of these movies, but I couldn't guarantee you would. I would hope you would. oh well...

Lord FlatHead said:

This thread probably needs a "SPOILER" tag.

disclaimer in the first post will do.

Liam said:

disclaimer in the first post will do.

Sorry about that, got carried away.

Another classic ending: Magnolia - Don't know why I liked it so much.

The only memorable film ending that springs to mind at the moment is the ending of Sanjuro. It's the squel to Yojimbo. The two main characters stand face to face, only two feet apart, for what seems an eternity. Then they draw their swords and..., well if you've seen it you'll never forget it. Awesome.

Evil Dead 2: When Ash is standing on some rock surrounded by knights cheering him on and then he says: "no....noooo........NNNOOOOOOOO!!!"

I like the ending to ED3 better. Not the crappy one they cut either.

Time Bandits - a chunk of Evil is stuck in the parents' toaster oven, and causes a major house fire. The parents investigate the chunk, and they both accidentally touch it and are turned into nothingness. The toaster oven just continues to emit yellow smoke, while the kid just stands there wondering what happened.

"Mom! Dad! Don't touch it, it's EVIL!"

Shtbag667 said:

Evil Dead 2: When Ash is standing on some rock surrounded by knights cheering him on and then he says: "no....noooo........NNNOOOOOOOO!!!"

that movie is great... I love how he slowly goes mad until the inevitable conclusion.
been a long time since Sanjuro... is that the one he gets the snot beat out of him being between two rivals, then comes back and kicks some ass?
Kurosawa had some great movies.