Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Anyone remember this demo/wad?

Just wondering if anyone can help here... I recall a demo by Maikl on a map that had a lying-down cybderdemon graphic of some sort.

I've spent a while looking through his demos, but can't locate it. Does anyone remember which one it was? The demo is probably from about a year or so ago.

I've probably watched all his demos, but don't recall that outright. What else happened in the demo? Was this cyb graphic a wall patch/texture?

I don't have a clear enough recollection of it to say. Maybe I'll just have to rewatch lots of Maikl's demos...

Edit: Found it (by searching the text-files - good old pkunzip). The answer was "Cheese"! Poor cybie's in a coffin. Lots of cool stuff in that map, including a MacDoom area, before it had become clichéd (the wad is from September 1994).

Is that the one with the words on the ground and the coffins in the exit room with several cybers?
a good viewing, if so. :)

ps. glad you found it, he's got a lot of demos to hunt through...

Haha, amusing map... something about that new wad charm that makes me smile. Maybe it's those little messages to guide the player or plug a wad site, gameplay that makes no sense but still keeps me entertained... and the inclusion of a McDonalds for who knows what reason.

Yeah, they don't make 'em like that any more.

Wads that have weird random stuff in them can have a certain charm, especially if it all seems a bit surreal. (Surreal2, Skyewood, and some of Bob Reganess's maps spring to mind.)