Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tool

Doom Books converted to Movie

LOL, if your for real on that one, then I'd say that's quite the coincidence. Cause I had no clue till you told me.

POTGIESSER said:
Social structure perhaps... but they are mostly there for design reasons rather than expand on a storyline,

Yea, that's one thing about good storytelling--often, the most interesting aspects of it are completely unintentional.

Big hit? Umm... Shrek 2 is the biggest hit this year movieland. It's grossed a whole crapload of money. Master and Commander was based on an incredibly long drab book, and it blew goats.

Dunno about the book, but IMO the movie sure didn't. IT took a relatively straightforeward story and turned it into an excellent drama about the life of sailors in the old days.

Now imagine the Van Helsing video game was made before the movie, and then they took that video game and made it into a movie... there would be a huge difference as to how the movie would turn out. It would've been even worse. I'm not saying it was a bad movie either. It had it's moments.

It did, but I didn't care for it myself. At first it was interesting, but after awhile the film gave the the feeling that it was trying to be like Indiana Jones, but with monsters, and it wasn't pulling it off quite as well. Course, Indiana Jones has an actual PLOT to connect all the action together.

Coopersville said:

When Warner had the rights to the Doom script, they were going to cast Vin Diesel as the DoomGuy.

You have got to be kidding me.