Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetflock

new screenies of atmosphere

I have some new screens of my project ATMOSPHERE. The level is still being worked on. Its sort of an "updated/retro/new wave doom experience". Designs seem to be heading towards a single player/ co-op game. Enemies are tweaked to emulate (heh, heh) an environment morphed by hellspawn. Blah! check the screens out here:
http://www.geocities.com/rasputin1980/atmosscreens.html
(legacy, opengl)

One of the sections looks a little cramped, but other than that it looks cool. I really don't see the resemblance to Duke Nukem 3D though.

Those pistols look just like the original Doom pistol. I like 'em.

But to be honest I don't like anything else in those pictures, especially those ugly sprites in Pic 2. O_o

I seriously hope you plan on making enemy sprites to match, otherwise it's going to look wrong.

I think it looks fucking cool.

hehe you should have a midi of 'Atmosphere' by Joy Division going on in the background of the wad. hehe- man that'll be dorky.

Those sprites are from somebody else's DOOM FOREVER, right? Or was it you that made Doom forever, or something? Other than that, your wad looks like it's coming together rather nicely.

Looks more like Rise Of The Triad than Duke Nukem 3D. You must have confused the two, LOL.
I used to really adore those double-pistols in ROTT, especially when trying to kill those fat slow monks. The pistols just made them do a neat little dance jig :)

Darkhaven4 said:

Those sprites are from somebody else's DOOM FOREVER, right? Or was it you that made Doom forever, or something? Other than that, your wad looks like it's coming together rather nicely.

As far as I can see Jetflock is also the guy behind Doom Forever, and I think you are allowed to "steal" your own resources.

If this is for legacy, you might want to add in as much detail as possible. 3d flooring allows you to do alot that most engines cannot do. Try not to cramp up the maps as much either.

i add subtle detail, i still want it to resemble doom, and run fast. i make retro levels with a modern twist. its also not as cramped as you think. these rooms were not designed for battle, its kinda like interstellar office space. dig? i also use 3d floors alot. those pics, or the newer picks, show a little of this. these pics are shown just to give you the kind of visual style i am shooting for. the project is still in developement.