Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think the title says it all. It's by Vile, and it's currently here.

(In case the title is just a meaningless sequence of letters and numbers to you, it's a new record run through Doom2 from start to finish on Nightmare skill. It takes almost a whole minute off the previous record by Henning.)

... and I guess it's played without sound, that's pure madness :)))

Look at the time. I think there may be a time, when a 30nm run will be done under 30 minutes, and Vile may be the one doing it.

I'm happy to see that the demo watchers enjoyed that one. I don't plan to stop with it yet, and hopefully Henning will be able to contribute a new run as well.

As far as a 30 minute 30nm goes... I'd have to doubt it seriously right now, but who knows...

Aside from 30nm and 30ns, I can only think of one other loose end, although it's not as important...

/me glares at tn09

Vile said:

As far as a 30 minute 30nm goes... I'd have to doubt it seriously right now, but who knows...

32:40 would be half the time of Winterfeldt's original (cheated) 30nm run. Is that a nice target to aim for?

Of course, it's easy to toss these numbers around when you're not the one having to find ways to achieve them. ;)

/me glares at tn09

What about pa02? Well, if you've done six impossible things before breakfast...

Grazza said:

32:40 would be half the time of Winterfeldt's original (cheated) 30nm run. Is that a nice target to aim for?

It is indeed... that might have been the time I got for the run that failed because of the map29 fiasco.

Ok, let us dream a bit :)

Without some mistakes, this run could be 32:40 indeed.
Cut off a minute cause of the sound handicap: 31:40 :)
Do the end jump in Map29 (forgot its name): 20 more secs. But I doubt anyone would risk it at this point.
Or practise the Map16 glide ... or Map28's AV trick ... or ...

Darkman 4 said:

Awesome demo. Played it almost perfectly.

I wouldn't say that at all. I couldn't even come close to this performance, so don't think I'm being overly critical - he did a great job and definitely deserves the world record. Good job Drew. :D

But there are tons of mistakes. The exit jump in map6. The missed rockets in map30... tooons of little things like that... They each cost him a few seconds... man, I bet he could get 32:30 if he tried the run again.

GREAT JOB. I love the rocket propulsions. :)

Here's a few ideas I had in mind for improvements so far:

+ Not as much running for health when possible (map31, map26, etc.)
+ Not missing the tricks (I missed the map06 jump once, though it isn't always easy, it's still an obvious consideration)
+ Less time spent clearing areas (map23, map24, map25)
+ Inclusion of the map29 FJS jump (saves 10 seconds, but asking for serious trouble if I try it, hehe)

Some other tricks, like the map16 trick, are the kinda stuff I wouldn't even try in a UV run unless there was no other alternative, since they're pretty unreliable. I don't even understand how that one works at all. :)

Congrats Vile :) finaly you came around and did this. Gotta say that I'm impressed by this. You put me on 2nd place here with seemingly any trouble ( and you didn't even had the need for sound :p ). Nice rythm all the way thru the whole thing. You certantly got what it takes to bring 30nm running to a whole new dimension. I saw you also had your share off trouble maps, but there will always be some of them sneaking in where you least expect it. I still think this kind of doom playing stands out from any other way of playing the game.

I'll study the demo itself more closly when I get the time for it. It'll be interesting to do a comparison. Hell time flies, theres been over 2years since I made mine. gotta rewhatch that one too, don't remember what mine looked like even :) Anyhow, keep the 30nm spirit alive...I'm sure the hardcore spectators in here won't mind some more updates on this kind of runs :-)

Grazza said:

What about pa02? Well, if you've done six impossible things before breakfast...

Well, the pacifist table is not likely to be completed anyway, plus finishing the last undone IWAD nightmare run would be interesting. I had only made it 2/3 of the way through before, and that was with sound as well... but then again, that was a time when the farthest I got in the 30nm was map26. :)

Vile said:

/me glares at tn09

Oh yeah, would be cool to see it done. I've tried it just for fun and didn't reach the halfway through. I think the farthest I survived was where you run upstairs (to take a key? can't remember). My health was very low so I decided to take a lift up for some health and died at that point.

Vile said:

I'm happy to see that the demo watchers enjoyed that one. I don't plan to stop with it yet, and hopefully Henning will be able to contribute a new run as well.

Aside from 30nm and 30ns, I can only think of one other loose end, although it's not as important...

/me glares at tn09

pp22 is also still available. ^_~ *GREAT* run, BTW!

Donce said:

Oh yeah, would be cool to see it done. I've tried it just for fun and didn't reach the halfway through. I think the farthest I survived was where you run upstairs (to take a key? can't remember). My health was very low so I decided to take a lift up for some health and died at that point.

Xit Vono's TAS demo gives a taste of how absurdly difficult tn09 is (low health most of the time, hitscan enemies respawning on all sides throughout), and what a miracle it would be if Vile could pull it off in a normal demo.

Hahaha, nevermind. I won't be trying tn09 anymore, wishful thinking on my part. Losing sound is too big a problem there, plus the amount of luck I needed just to get as far as I did before doesn't fill me with confidence.