Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

SNES Doom & exploding glass?

When Bashe tried to remove the blood splattering when firing on an enemy, it seems that now they die in a shower of glass shards. Any idea as to what could be the cause? It's not been confirmed whether or not it's an outdated .cab or an inherent ZDoom bug or what.

Here's some pics Bashe took of the glass phenomenon.

freewebs.com/bashe/strange.png
freewebs.com/bashe/strange2.png
freewebs.com/bashe/strange3.png

Keep in mind that this only happens with the SNES Doom wad.

EDIT: Here is the thread relating to this issue.

That's not glass. It's ice, and I imagine that the sound it makes is also the ice shattering sound.

When I played the wad, I was thinking likewise. However, it doesn't alter the "WTF factor" in any way.

One important factor not mentioned is it's hitscan weapons only. Rocket launchers and the like don't do the same thing. And it seems to be for every bullet that hits it, since I shot a human with a shotgun and only exploded once and when I shot an imp with a pistol it kept exploding for each time I shot it before it died.

No, but it does give me a better idea of what's going on there (not like I can fix it in any way though).

From the Dehacked lump I have removed the blood splat thing info (and it's initial frame). Presto. No more exploding ice. Try it.

Hmmm.. Do You mean the spritey blood? Ah.. Why not 1x1 cyan sprites to make them invisible? And if You want to remove the blood splats from the walls, I think editing the Decalid lump will help.

Nmn said:

From the Dehacked lump I have removed the blood splat thing info (and it's initial frame). Presto. No more exploding ice. Try it.

Could you email it or link it? Also, is there a way to make it so that the wad automatically does not allow for bullet holes or wall explosion patches (i.e. rocket, BFG marks)?

Nmn said:

Hmmm.. Do You mean the spritey blood? Ah.. Why not 1x1 cyan sprites to make them invisible? And if You want to remove the blood splats from the walls, I think editing the Decalid lump will help.

Yeah, this would make more sense and be much easier. Why move the mountain when you can just go around it :P

I know what we could do. We could just make the blood splats invisible with DeHackEd. Done. No more blood splats and no more ice.

Is somebody going to post this in the ZDoom forums? I'm sure Randy might like to know about this bug.