Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

What's your favorite Monster

From the original Doom shareware. I always wondered when watching the Demo running in a loop, at radishack or compucenter. what everybody else's favorite was.

The one that srod out to me the most was the Demon. I thought it was such a freak. I both feared and anticipated the day I had to fight one. my second is the Former Sarents cause it was so irrasistable to watch them get gibbed by exploding barrols . And I liked them more then thir Green haired counterparts.

so here's the list
-Former human
-former sargent
-imps
-Demons
-Spectors
-and Barrons

Barons are cool and former humans stand above the rest for me. They are just most fun to blast away.

Did you know it's possible for an Imp to shred a Former Human? Imp balls do 3-24 damage, so if the Zombie has less than 4 health, he'll be shredded by the fireball :P

What the hell, haven't we had enough threads like this one already?

I'll vote Baron of Hell though. Big, tough, badass, muscular, and....pink.

The chaingunner. He's got a cool weapon, one of my favorites when playing, and his death sequence is cool. Best part is, he drops a chaingun for you. You just can't go wrong. :)

My vote goes to the typical zombies - they're fun to test things on. Heck, the first thing I ever killed with the rocket launcher was a zombie.

Im not sure. Imps look cool, and I have alot of fun blasting groups of them away with shotguns. I really dont like former humans that much, all they are good for is ammo. Barons are pretty sweet, and demons/spectres I usually blast away quickly and easily like zombies. Problay Imps and Barons. And revenants for doom2.

I really liked specters, they were really handy in making ambushes and for use in dark corridors. It was pretty frantic shooting at shapes moving in the dark.

Shapeless said:

From the original Doom shareware.

KoRn said:

Cacodemon. The Archvile as well, almost as much as the Cacodemon.

Job said:

The chaingunner. He's got a cool weapon, one of my favorites when playing, and his death sequence is cool. Best part is, he drops a chaingun for you. You just can't go wrong. :)

Bloodskull said:

I'd have to say the Cacodemon. Coolest monster I've ever seen.

Helps to read the post.

I don't care about which monster I like, I hate them all, I want all of them dead! Thrice 100% stats.

Twiztid said:

Cacodemon <---these are in the shareware version right?

They only appear on the title screen.

zarkyb said:

Helps to read the post.

Good point. But shareware is a silly limitation for a favorite monster thread (though these have been done to death).

Job said:

Good point. But shareware is a silly limitation for a favorite monster thread (though these have been done to death).

It does put a nice twist on things.