Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you think of this release?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this release?

• I was waiting for it forever now! I\'m going to download it right now!
    • It\'s okay, nothing special, but I\'ll try it anyways, just for laughs.
    • This sucks and I don\'t care, the release means ass to me!
    • First-time hearing about it

I'm only here to tell everyone that the old mod Resident Evil Unleashed has been released AS-IS. This means that when the old team stopped about 2 years ago working on it, that was *it*.
It did have some interesting features and pretty good levels; however, the mod is buggy as hell.
MAKE SURE TO READ THE TERMS OF AGREEMENT 3DFX ISSUED. You *must* agree to them.
Anyways, the game is for entertainment-purposes only and shall not be decompiled in any way. Thanks for the support years ago. The website no longer exists, so the only means of getting this piece of software is here: http://dk2.notinsane.net.
Enjoy the mod. Remember, it requires EDGE to run. And don't ask me if you can rip anything from it, because it's illegial. Make sure to ask 3dfx via their e-mail if you want to take something from it.
That was my last stand in the DOOM community. Doomworld, its been a trip!

Back when, the old team purchased it from Capcom of America, the creators of Resident Evil. 3dfx purchased the license acquired by TDG and now owns the rights for REU. It makes it legal.

Ouch. I'll fix it right now; too busy these days to get anything right. ;)
Okay, 3dfx Interactive e-mail link is restored and give it ten minutes to upload the zip file [just in case you were wondering, the actual wad is 18 megs, and the zip file is 20]. Sorry about that, I was in a hurry. However, I appreciate your interest in wanting to download it!

Warning: I just played the game again. When you get into the game immediatly warp to map02 to prevent system crash when you play into the level. The ZIP file includes EDGE so you won't have to download it. Remember, if you want more information or want to use the resources or continue the mod, please contact 3dfx [link fixed] ASAP.
Warning: Shit. This mod cannot be used with EDGE 1.28. I've included EDGE 1.27 in the zip file. Do no play using 1.28. :)

If you know that map01 crash why is it still in the wad?
Also, if it need the version 1.28 of Edge, what is the version 1.27 doing in the zip file? Just making the file larger? Just curious.

Anyway, nice to see that you have finished it, I remember when you asked for city maps.

Vegeta said:

if it need the version 1.28 of Edge, what is the version 1.27 doing in the zip file?

He actually stated that it didn't work with V1.28. Although I'm surprised by that.

How something that unprofessional can use copyrighted material that the rest of us can't use?
Anyway, nobody said that you can extract the graphics from games like Quake 3, Quake, Blood, Hexen, Duke Nukem, and a lot more, still..

Amaster said:

Am I the only one who still cannot access this?

I'd be surprised if someone CAN access it

Capcom would never give their RE license out to some random company and I'm even more positive that said random company wouldn't give some shit poor Doom wad makers special permission to create an RE Doom wad. So, as fair as I'm concerned, quick making up stupid ass stories to prevent people from stealing your shit. Almost everyone here would ask your permission to use anything you made.

I'm just interested in this mod because I want to see if the zombie sprites fit in my personal project. I hope that these DOOM "gods" don't just use sprites from Zombeta, Zombie DOOM tc, Wolfeinstein or the GBD2 zombie.

Download Accelerator Plus asks for a username and a password in order to be able to grab the file, heh...

Ariel.

Fixed the link--it was case sensitive.
http://dk2.notinsane.net/REUdel.zip
Make sure to read the terms of agreement, and I appreciate people's interests in it. If you want to borrow any content from it *please*, just e-mail 3dfx and they'll grant you permission. Oh Know It's Kyle, thanks for the heads up, but I know there's still people who don't give a rat's ass about permission, and would still use the resources.
I trust you guys, and so does 3dfx. Also, any comments or questions can be e-mailed to me personally at corbchu@yahoo.com, since 3dfx will _NOT_ answer any of it. If anyone wants to pick up on the rights to use this game [license will be handed over also], contact 3dfx with the subject LICENSEE FOR REU. They will be glad to hand it over.
Remember, have fun and enjoy what could've been! If you liked it give me a buzz!
-Corbin
PS: Edge 1.28 works with the game, and runs it a lot smoother, but you are better off running Edge 1.27 for compatibility.

Well, the sprites are graphics extracted from Quake, Quake 3, Blood (a bad one, that really don't fit), Duke Nukem, DOOM 64, Half Life, and from some DOOM T/Pcs, I just saw one sprite from Resident Evil.

It looks like a random collection of sprites that don't follow a specific theme. I didn't saw the maps, so I can't make any coment about them.

Okay, this wad release is the old version, with the crappy graphics, crappy debugging, and crappy compiled code. I have the newer version(0.98, almost finished), the one that SHOUlD HAVE been released on another hard drive. Believe me, it's much better, alot bigger, and really shows off EDGE's potential. It doesn't have so many used resources, and it was around the time that TDG disbanded.
I'll post the new version of REU (I'll clean it up a little for everyone) and ask to be put on Doomworld front news.
So what did you think of the old version? Worn out, buggy, and hard. I don't know--so far I got replies that the levels were outstanding, but that's it.
The reason everything was in there like that was because REU used many branching storylines from DOOM, Duke, and RE. The cleaned up version will be finalized.

I would suggest that you be wise to ensure it works with v1.28 of EDGE. Purely on the basis that it is the current and has been tested quite a bit (by people who don't use crouch :).

Damn I get so pissed off when people make an awesome wad but it only works with EDGE, because I can't figure out how to install EDGE.

Just download a 1.27 or a 1.28 EDGE binary, extract it into your DOOM directory, and run EDGE or GLEDGE. To get mods to work, make a shortcut, right-click into target box, include -file reuwad.wad as an example. It's very easy.
Okay, a little update: every single REU release dating back to 2000 that I have will be released onto the web so you can see the evolution. We used quite a bit of RE resources in 2001, then in 2002 and on we implented others. The newer version works with EDGE 1.28; however, if anyone wants to help me squash the bugs and release it in a clean state, it should make people very happy (since I know jack about EDGE 1.28).
I don't know--some people told me to keep going with the mod, but it's just too big of a universe and too much work for me. And of course, there's Daikatana II, so...

Chu said:

I don't know--some people told me to keep going with the mod, but it's just too big of a universe and too much work for me. And of course, there's Daikatana II, so...

Weren't you working on a bunch of other "Doom mods", like that Doom4 Smiley Doom whatever the hell that thing was called... (You mentioned this thing a while back)

Yeah, we were at one point. When Daikatana became too involving, we just stopped with the DOOM community alltogether. I think we have a small beta I could maybe upload, but it is CRAZY as hell. Like, unplayable without god mode. If I can find it I would. Yeah, we were working on a bunch of stuff before, like 5 projects, then everyone lost interest and so did I. I don't think we put your lizardcommando guy in...why, are you interested in those still or what?

Chu said:

I don't think we put your lizardcommando guy in...why, are you interested in those still or what?

No. I was curious.

Lizardcommando said:

No. I was curious.

Good to know. That mod was a mess and the levels were randomly scattered out of order that what they should've been...sorta like the Doom3SmileyHead thingy. So unorganized.
One more bit of information, does anyone want the newer version of REU? If you don't I'm not going to waste time uploading it and for nobody to use it, and the newer version was quickly made compatible for 1.28 use.
...Say, how long has 1.28 been out? I've used 1.27 forever...man, this is strange going back into this community after spending so much time in the Quake community (and small parts of the Daikatana community). I guess what I am trying to say is THANK YOU for being kind upon my re-entry.

Edge 1.28 was only released a week or so ago so you're not to out of date :)

As for killer9, if you've used any other source port then you shouldn't have any problems with Edge. If you're still finding it hard to figure out, visit my site and get yourself ESL, which is a launcher I made for Edge(and most other source ports).