Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coraline

Wad Release

What do you think of this release?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this release?

• I was waiting for it forever now! I\'m going to download it right now!
    • It\'s okay, nothing special, but I\'ll try it anyways, just for laughs.
    • This sucks and I don\'t care, the release means ass to me!
    • First-time hearing about it

Wow, Lobo! Nice to see you again! Been a long time, I can tell you that. Anyways, 1.28 runs REU (old) so much faster. Looks like the renderer was beefed up. Good, it will look fantastic once the new version gets upgraded. Also, good progress to your mod, Lobo. Looks fantastic.

Lobo said:

Edge 1.28 was only released a week or so ago so you're not to out of date :)

As for killer9, if you've used any other source port then you shouldn't have any problems with Edge. If you're still finding it hard to figure out, visit my site and get yourself ESL, which is a launcher I made for Edge(and most other source ports).

Cool, whats your site?

I haven't run anything designed for 1.27 that would not run on 1.28. Which is why I'm curious to know why you suggest we shuldn't try running it on 1.27. Any update work is likely to be minimal. For whats it worth I'm looking forward to seeing another big project released for EDGE.

Unless I totally missed something, I don't see how you can release this package (assumming you are releasing it).

It full of nothing but non-original/borrowed copyrighted material.

The readme was even taken from a readme I wrote for one of my WADs a long time ago, whomever edited it didn't even bother to change the layout and half the wording in it!

I played a few levels and came out wondering what the hell I just went through, it was a diahrrea collection of everone elses hard work all mixed together.

I do not understand how you can say "And don't ask me if you can rip anything from it, because it's illegial." This entire package appears to be illegal.

But again, maybe I missed something, or is this just a joke?

Fanatic said:

Unless I totally missed something, I don't see how you can release this package (assumming you are releasing it).

It full of nothing but non-original/borrowed copyrighted material.

The readme was even taken from a readme I wrote for one of my WADs a long time ago, whomever edited it didn't even bother to change the layout and half the wording in it!

I played a few levels and came out wondering what the hell I just went through, it was a diahrrea collection of everone elses hard work all mixed together.

I do not understand how you can say "And don't ask me if you can rip anything from it, because it's illegial." This entire package appears to be illegal.

But again, maybe I missed something, or is this just a joke?

owned

Yeah, the old version is pretty crapped up, dudes. I never said it would be perfect, and I think I told you that the newer version wouldn't have so many borrowed material, did I not? I mean, this version is dated 2002, man. The new version was completed in Dec 2003 but never finalized, and a LOT happened between then and now. Trust me, once I get it uploaded, it won't be so "diahrread" together. There is a LOT of new content in the newer release; that's why I wanted to put the new one out. So do you still want it or are you here to nag? My old team got permission from everyone, and so much was done. You want it or not?

Well either release it and prove us all wrong or continue to be known as a compelete moron who ripped everyone off and took all their hard work, it's your choice.

Is it just me or is "it's only the old version" becoming your excuse for your ripped materials for all of your doom "mods"?

If you have something new and original, then by all means release it.

I just do not get why anyone would try to make something to huge with nothing but borrowed material (whether you got permission or not doesn't matter), especially with the "intention" to replace it later with original material. That's a lot of work with no benefit.

It is just plain awful to have such an unrelated mix of stuff (hence diahrrea).

Fanatic said:

diahrrea

If this word is to be used frequently in this thread, please note the correct spellings: diarrhoea (British English); diarrhea (American English). TIA

Chu said:

You want it or not?

sure go ahead and release it, we are all eager to see it and make up our minds.

You are *all* right, and I have much new material created. The only thing is that I've been gone from DOOM community for so long, I do not have the tools required to put them in. All of my old stuff was erased and the old utilities used to put them in. I think one of them was Wintex and Deepsea (i bought it), or something.
Look, the point is that I have new stuff. Yeah, talk is cheap, but I really mean it, and I will show you guys by uploading all the concepts to a new page. That wad is seriously old. Even the new wad, which is fairly new (late 2003), it still has some old stuff, namely levels. Most were placeholders and eventually replaced. The only (majorly) used thing in the new 1.28 version were the textures. I have a couple of new levels (huge and scripted for REU) but have no idea how to enhance them for EDGE, or anything. Quake totally replaced my knowledge of level editing. I have lots of concept sketches, lots of level sketches, character stuff, unused new graphics, mdls, all the stuff that we created especially for the mod; things like that can still be used to actually get the mod up and running again fairly quickly. It was just because there seemed to be a lack of support that we eventually dropped the game. If only one here agrees to compile the new stuff in, I'm game. I'll be willing to relearn everything to get it right, but I'm going to need some help, since I'm busy with 3dfx to get the build of DK2 complete. Resident Evil for DOOM can become a reality, and we have the freedom to do it. Once again, if we want to do this, I'm going to need people's help. It's a really promising mod, it's just that DK2 is even more promising.

Concepts and the finished product are completely different things. I can draw a stick figure on a playing field and that could be the concept for Starcraft 2.

Over the years, I've gained level editing knowledge for Doom, Duke3D and Quake. I've written my own programs that require its own level editing knowledge. I work day in and day out with the systems used at my current job and have to know them back to front to tell people what needs to be done. After all this, I still know my way around Doom, D3D, Quake, etc. You unlearnt Doom editing by looking at Quake? You shouldn't even be attempting to hype your mod up in that case if all you're going to do is talk shit and produce no tangible results.

*refrains from ranting about the legality thing for the time being*

No. I spent so much time absorbed in Quake II and Quake III, not to mention Daikatana, that I just plain forgot how to use the DOOM utilities. Shit happens, dude!
If this is going to turn out like this then fine. All I ask is that if anyone is interested go ahead and contact 3dfx. If not, your rantings will go unnoticed, and until someone is interested in this or has a question refraining from legalities and whatnots, then nothing else will be said. Stop dodging around this. My Final Point: If anyone wants to pick this thing up, I'll put it into one big rar file and send it to you, along with the eula contract. I've spent much time on the creation of this game, purely final conceptualization.
I don't want rantings or personal attacks. So please, do me a huge favor and refrain from doing it.

Grazza said:

You are donkey. :p

You must not be British. Nonetheless, you have been served.

3DFX? You mean to tell me this defunct graphics card company got the liscencing from capcom for you to make a resident evil mod for Doom and rights to a sequel for Daikatana? No wonder they went out of business producing GFX cards.

This guy is full of it. Does he expect anyone to believe Capcom would licence their flagship series to anyone but a large well known console game company? Plus I believe 3dfx no longer exhists.