Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

Weather

Do you think we'll be experiencing any martian weather on Mars? Will it affect the weapons? Wouldn't it be cool if you fired the plasma into a puddle and lots of steam came off? Would this add or minus gameplay? What would the weather be like in hell?

Heh.

It would probably be dull, grey and overcast, with the occasional sunshine every third millenia.

Mars doesn't have clouds, the water in the planet is frozen, so I think that it would be bright. Due to the fact that the atmosphere is like Earth before plants changed the co2 into oxygen.

Janderson said:

What would the weather be like in hell?

It´s raining brimstone, tar and lava. And maybe locusts and frogs as well :)

Well, I don't see how Mars would have weather (other than a cloud of dust) due to it's really crappy atmosphere. Then again, it's a science fiction game so they could make it sky blue if they wanted to. Hell....if it were true to it's descriptions, it would be a lake of fire, pitch black, people screaming in torment, demons (of course, and it would smell like burning sulfer. But, I have a feeling Hell (from the screenshots) won't really have weather. It seems like it would be more of a cave feel to it. Though I heard that the walls in hell eventaully start to look like they are alive because it starts to pulse and move a little and they'll bleed when you shoot them....kinda weird.

S1lent said:

Though I heard that the walls in hell eventaully start to look like they are alive because it starts to pulse and move a little and they'll bleed when you shoot them....kinda weird.

This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I loved the organic stuff in Quake3...

I hope that the Hell portion of the game has a simalar 'feel' to the original hell-based levels in Doom; sky of blood/flames, inverted crucifix's, bodies impaled on spikes and all that sort of jazz.
As for Mars, it will be like it is I guess. Watch the E3 2003 trailer and it shows shots of the Mars environment; reddish, dusty- it's generic but think Total Recall.

Ya, in Hell the walls are sort of a rock/living material. A mix of a cavern and the inside of a cow. Also, I read that on the Mars Research Facility, the closer you get to Hell and the further into the game you get, you notice that the walls have stuff on them that look like they are alive. You start to notice how the "evil presence" is changing things based on the environment (like in Doom 1)
You can probably find it using Google. Wouldn't suprise me.

But think Total Recall

Do I have to?

I personally doubt that you will actively engage on the surface of mars at any time during the game as you’ll be busy plunging into the dark and threatening hallways of a space facility then teleporting to hell and such. Personally I suspect a bit of rain with a little sun peeking through.

Now that I think of it isn’t doom more like Phobos===>Demos===>Hell===>Earth==>Hell

Note the lack of a mars, except possibly on prologue.

I don't think the weather will have much impact on the gameplay that most parts of the game will be taken place indoor.

Tetzlaff said:

It´s raining brimstone, tar and lava. And maybe locusts and frogs as well :)

i dont think locust and frog go together, cause frogs love to eat them things. maybe thats why to go hand and hand, first locust then frogs.