Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
captmellow

deepsea

Sorry, Deep, but the new name makes me think of fishsticks or little mermaid. Can't stand it. Deep was a cool name. Deepsea is twisting it into something werid sounding. Just my thoughts.

Sorry, Deep, but the new name makes me think of fishsticks or little mermaid. Can't stand it. Deep was a cool name. Deepsea is twisting it into something werid sounding. Just my thoughts.

Mmm, DeeP is the DOS version, DeeP97 was win and then I didn't really want to keep change the "date".

It's a bit silly to even post a topic like that. Very similar to picking on nicks, level names or any other program name - i.e. very close to a personal attack - if you get my drift. What is the point? I just don't think that is a productive way to use board space.

If I were to post something similar I have a feeling somehow I'd be accused of not supporting the doom community or some other flag waving slogan to gather the masses. And believe me there are a lot of names that are pretty dumb in many areas.

So I like DeePsea - fishsticks notwithstanding:)

Just my thoughts.

IS CALLED DEEPSEA BECAUSE ITS PROGRAMMED IN SEA++ OR SOMETHINK SO I GET THE JOKE AND I AM A GEENIOUS.

:p

Heh, I'm with Jack on this one. Whatever he thinks is a good name for the program goes -- it doesn't affect the functionality, does it? And, I'm all for nerdy programming wordplay, bad puns and all ;)

What does it matter, huh? DeeP/97/Sea is cool.

IS CALLED DEEPSEA BECAUSE ITS PROGRAMMED IN SEA++ OR SOMETHINK SO I GET THE JOKE AND I AM A GEENIOUS.

You are hereby awarded the official title of Lord GEENIOUS - polishing little plague right now.

Don't want to upset anyone though, he just thought that was ok to post. Everyone slips now and again - like me for instance (unstable laughter in the background).

Mermaids are always so cute, anybody know where there's a cool one? I'd like to put one in the install bmp.

I don't think I thanked you for the debate (and your mockup). It was 99.9% responsible me realizing what a cool thing that would be. Turned out even better than I thought. Personally, I now love having all the drawing functions together just a click away.

It would be neat to see new user ICONS for the toolbars:) ICONS are a bit less work since you don't have to worry about color matching. The only problem might be finding an editor that lets you choose an 18x18 size. 16x16 or 32x32 sizes can be used, since all icons are forced to that size anyway, but sometimes they don't look the same.

The "odd" size was sort of an accident. I started out with BMP's (and you still can), but then the file sizes started getting out of hand. Most of the icons only have to be 16 color - 414 bytes. ENJAY did all the original image work, I just ported them to icons. Even that was a lot of work.

I'm interested in alternate toolbar ideas. Too many "other" ways, so I would like to have actual user's ideas. Then of course we can argue and debate the merits:)

Your check is in the mail.

I don't think I thanked you for the debate (and your mockup). It was 99.9% responsible

Shit, I just thought that was a nast 1/4 flamewar that never ended. On reflection the debate was rather unfortunate, but some good points were made. Pity about the lack of reading/understanding though, leading me to believe that you were flaming when you didn't, and vice versa, plus some unnecassary flaming from other WadEd users.

Thanks for the thanks, anyway. I fully respect you, Jack, so it means a lot to me. And you had better not be kidding about the cheque (Correct spelling where I'm from)!!! :p

Well, I guess I could d/l the next sharware DeePSea and make some (Constructive) criticism, if you would like. It will give me the excuse to use it *properly* (Since the shareware limits just drive me back to WadEd, and some of the features are IMO tucked away, I haven't been to actively using it).

Which of course, may lead to my registration, which you should consider as an honour -- I'm peniless 99% of the time, so anything I spend money on has to be more than worth it, if you follow.

At this point, the idea of e-mail correspondance for feedback seems good. I'll see the next SW version of DeePSea, then... or even the current if the next version is a bit far away.

I'm rambling.

Again, thanks.