Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer9

Hell Revealed 2 Menu

Does anyone know why the Hell Revealed 2 menu is all screwed up, or is it just on my computer. Because options is load game, load game is save game, and save game is options. Not to mention the menu words are pretty hard to read.

Some (most?) ports arrange the menu options differetly than in doom2.exe, and the HR2 menu graphic is designed in a way that doesn't take this into account.

Yeah, since Hell Revealed 2 is so well known around the community I'm suprised nobody brought this up in the forums before. Is there any way to take the menu graphic off?

Oh, it has been brought up before, several times. And probably at the time the beta came out, more than four years ago.

Presumably you can just delete it from the wad if you really want.

Oh. How do I delete it, and if it has something do to with some command prompt I've been wondering how to use that for quite a while.

Just make a new wad with the M_DOOM graphic (and any others) and load it after hell revealed on the command line.

In fact probably the quickest way is:

deutex -graphics -xtract doom2.wad
deutex -make wadinfo.txt something.wad

That will balls up the title/intermission/level names, but who really cares?

According to Fredrik in one of the threads I linked to, "Remove M_DOOM from the WAD." You could use Wintex, I guess.

I'm not going to test this myself, since it works fine in Prboom, and personally I would never alter a wad unless it was absolutely essential.

LOLTASTIC