Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

*Updated - new pics* Progress on BrickByBrick.wad

After a fairly long hiatus with working on my levels, I finally got some progress made on one of my older wads, Brick By Brick. Here's some new screenshots to give an idea of what's been done.

A look into toward the grated window...

As torches light the way...

You realize that getting the next key is never easy...

...Time to look for the switch.

I have seen this map progress, and I have to say, the screens don't even do it justice.

Job, you have to finish this one now ;)

Nice. Good lighting in the last shot.
Maybe you should have some light coming off the grated window in the first shot and there is lots of room for detail.

Lutrov71 said:

Maybe you should have some light coming off the grated window in the first shot and there is lots of room for detail.

Actually, there is lighting coming from the grated window, shadows and all. The pic just really sucks. If you strain your eyes, you can see it. It's more clear when you're playing the game. As for detail, there's a lot more of that to come. I'd never release this wad as-is in terms of detail.

I like Dittohead have seen this map in progress, and it appears to be progressing nicely. Just finish the damn thing already ;)

Excellent lighting + architecture from the screenies; it feels like AV Map01 [and anything related to AV must be good].

DooMBoy said:

I like Dittohead have seen this map in progress, and it appears to be progressing nicely. Just finish the damn thing already ;)

You say that to everyone, who, at any time, has been working on a map, regardless of how far completed it actually is.

But yeah, he's right. Hurry up damnit.

I'm trying to get things going as quick as I can while maintaining some degree of quality and detail. I'll post more pics as I make more progress. :)

The intended port is ZDoom, that way - primarily for the colored lighting of course.

Well that's a silly reason to use ZDoom. jDoom has colored lighting, I'm pretty sure Legacy does, and I think Edge might have it too. And besides, colored lighting looks like crap in ZDoom.

I may choose to employ other ZDoom features as the map progresses. As it is, it's simply my preferred limit-removing port. But let's not turn this thread into a port argument.

If used properly colored lighting can actually look somewhat decent in ZDoom. Job's Point of No Return uses lots of colored lighting, and although I took the screenshots in ZDoomGL, I have played it in normal ZDoom, and it looked pretty good.

Anyways, the map looks pretty decent so far, although it's a little dark.

I love dark maps. They are true to the intended atmosphere of the overall game.
I say this is good work so far. Keep it up without changing anything. Don't play around with the brightness values of the sectors, that's a bloody waste of time IMO.

Here's a couple new pics of the progress I've made. Even though I've gotten only two pics here, there's a lot more I could show, but I don't have a place to upload other potential screens.

A look skyward...

The central room...