Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

Music & Sound

I hope the music in Doom 3 matches the disturbing quality of the music in, say, PSX Doom or Trent Reznor's Quake 1 handywork. Given the atmosphere of the game I hope whoever handles the score (now that Reznor's left the project) doesn't make it sound too 'cinematic' so to speak, with ambient music for when you're not in combat and the rock stuff kicking in when you're engaging the enemy (Painkiller style). In fact, just bring in whoever composed the PSX Doom music.

Doom 3 is said to have very little music at all. Last I heard anything official, it'd only have "music-like sound effects" as opposed to an actual music sound track.

And how about doing a search on the forum on the topic, before you start a thread, hmm? This has been covered a phantasmogillion times already, why do you have to torment us?

dsm said:

And how about doing a search on the forum on the topic, before you start a thread, hmm? This has been covered a phantasmogillion times already, why do you have to torment us?

lol Sorry!

DoomUK said:

In fact, just bring in whoever composed the PSX Doom music.

I could not agree with you more about the Ps1 music... i can re,eber playing with me headphones on, very creepy indeed... The PC version sounded like a fruit machine to me...I could not play it...

Jert

Yes, great music would be really cool. But personally, I'd rather see the game with no music so that the environment is more suspenseful. All the creepy noises and such making you jump and turn cause you think it's a demon is supposed to be the point of the game, as far as I've read. [id] wants to scare the shit out of us with this game, and I think music might deter from that quite a bit.

Just my opinion, though. :)

dsm said:

Let's see, the topic of the thread was sound and music, you clicked on it, read it, took the time to write an intelligent response and ended with a mild flame.

Dumbass.

-E

Do I really have to put a friggin smiley at the end of every post?

Here's one.

:)

Endureth

actually, I would prefere sound with no music, just creepy sounds. ps1 doom? how about DooM64? that was the appex of creepy sounds, it set an excellent mood. especially with it being slower pace than the other dooms, like doom3 is gonna be slower paced right? its a totally different scare when you creep around for twenty minutes listening to moaning sounds and then you turn around and a hell kight takes a swipe at your face... I prefere that to the fast-paced shoot-em-up mood of the original doom. anyone else feel that way?

Lord FlatHead said:

Either the next two replies are on-topic, or this thread is going to Hell.

/me feels ever so powerful

Send it to Hell anyway! Maybe DooM 3 should use the Picard song as the background music.

Make it so,

Erik "The Bruce"

What is with you newbs ending ever post with

"DumbA$$ N003 (Mike Hunt)" and such? Endureth, great way to begin what will probably be your short stay here. : )
Dumbass : )

Awwww, someone wants to drag this out. And he's a l33t speaker too. Nice. Go away peon. It's unbelievable how uptight some people can be.

-E