Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

quake iv

Activision has announced it will publish two new games from id Software - a new, as-yet-untitled game, and Quake IV.

"id Software and Activision have enjoyed a tremendous partnership on some of the best-selling and most celebrated action games of all time,'' said Larry Goldberg of Activision. "We look forward to continuing this relationship and working closely with id on Quake IV and the new franchise. The best is yet to come."

Quake IV is being developed by Raven Software, and marks a return to id Software's trademark single-player gameplay.

It will use id Software's advanced new Doom game engine, promising unprecedented levels of graphic sophistication.

"We are thrilled to be working with Raven, Nerve and Activision on these exciting new titles," Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software said.

"Raven and Nerve are two of the most talented teams in the industry and we look forward to continuing our tradition of killer games with them on Quake IV and our new franchise."

The new unnamed franchise is based on an original design by id Software and is being developed by Nerve Software, a new development company based in Mesquite, TX.

If You Have Noticed on TV lately, you see the commmercial of the new Tony Hawk 2 gameboy version. It is also published by Activison too. =)

How can I get it if I'm nowhere NEAR the capabilities of Quake III?

Look at one of my posts to see what I'm talking about. In case you can't find it, here's my known specs:

1. Intel Celeron 500 mhz

2. Riptide Wavetable Synthesizer (/me would kill for a Roland!)

3. No OpenGL card

4. Definitely NO Vooodoo

And to think, I just got this 'puter a year ago!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fast Newbie: 55 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, went from Cool to Fast eh?

So it seems..

How can I get it if I'm nowhere NEAR the capabilities of Quake III?

Look at one of my posts to see what I'm talking about. In case you can't find it, here's my known specs:

1. Intel Celeron 500 mhz

2. Riptide Wavetable Synthesizer (/me would kill for a Roland!)

3. No OpenGL card

4. Definitely NO Vooodoo

And to think, I just got this 'puter a year ago!

Buy a Geforce3 and a 128MB DIMM and you'll be ok..until the DooM]|[ guys start hunting you down like the cannon fodder your celeron is... MWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH...
archofanon@yahoo.comsubj: helpMWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH...

How the f*** could you buy a 'puter one year ago without an opengl card? tsk tsk.

Btw, i ran Q3 perfectly well with a PII233 and a voodoo rush. Ok, it was 35 fps at 512x380 (or something) with no pretties at all, but it was quite playable :)