Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xenaero

[newproject] Doom Chronicles

I cannot find the old thread detailing my project so I gotta bookmark this one.

This project will contain 2 chapters. 1 will be a human campaign, with space marines as your friends and the normal doom2 demons as your enemies. The other will be the demon campaign, with demons as your allies and the marines as enemies. The base frame of all this is in place, and there's a website up about it. http://www.megareviews.com/index.php?id=dcmain

Now, I need help. I need some sprite stuff done. Like making a marine skin carry a plasma gun so you know it is a plasma gun marine. Plasma, railgun and BFG alterations of the marines are needed. Anything you are able to contribute would be appriciated. I might be able to do all maps by myself, but any architecture or whatnot you can give me will be used. ;)

That's pretty much it...Got some screenies of he1m1 though. That's it.

EDIT: Somehow screenies not comin up...gagh

DD, you really should wait a while before showing some screenshots. They're not the greatest of a level, but do need lots of improvement. Hopefully you can make this project good if you get alot better first.

Naitguolf said:

this looks nice, but... you why do you play with gamma so high? Bleachm the screens are ugly!

Perhaps I should take screenshots with dark gamma 0 heh. ;)

I'm just used to playing with gamma 2 all the time...I like bright stuff.

Well now that's interesting, I haven't seen that before...Is gooberman still working on the project? If so I may need to change the name of my project.

DD_133 said:

Is gooberman still working on the project?

Holy shit, that's a real good question. No news, no nuthin' Is Gooberman working on Doom Arcade? Those were 2 finest projects. DD, reading Your description, maybe You could name Your project:
Doom: -Twilight-?

Oh No Its Kyle said:

Goober retired yesterday.

He told You? Unless he lives next door, do You mind showing a thread or a mail? Or are You just trolling?

Don't forget to give props for the Dark Imp sprites.

Twilight sounds mighty good. I don't know. Chronicles and Twilight are both very good...I'll send Gooby an email asking if he is still working on it and rights for the name and stuff. I better find out before I do the title screen and stuff LOL.

@Job: Yes, in the readme i've already credited Nanami. As soon as my lazy ass gets to putting up the credits page i'll put up credits there.

I have a much better version of the Pistol Marine. I sent it to Mark Quinn but he didn't put it in the pack because he's a lazy bastard that never updates. Give me someplace to send it.

Oh No Its Kyle said:

Nmn thinking I'm a troll or some shit.

What is Your problem man? You just keep jumping to everyone who points Your mistake. True, I've checked that out. I don't read blogs.
Most people said You're retarded. I have to agree with them.
I could point out most of Your posts where You were just trolling like a damn monkey but I'm not wasting precious time, punk. Just including You in Kaiser_6 Deathman showed us all what we should think about ya.

Nmn said:

What is Your problem man? You just keep jumping to everyone who points Your mistake. True, I've checked that out. I don't read blogs.
Most people said You're retarded. I have to agree with them.
I could point out most of Your posts where You were just trolling like a damn monkey but I'm not wasting precious time, punk. Just including You in Kaiser_6 Deathman showed us all what we should think about ya.

...or you could stop acting like a retard because you were proven wrong. I retired. You trolled. Kyle provided link. Kyle thought other people were responding to his response to you. You blew up. Get over it.

Dontcha love that? I'm flaming the person who linked to the original Doom Chronicles and said my projects were good.

ANYWAY, in regards to the name. I wouldn't have known about this thread if DD didn't email me, and I figured a response to all would be a good idea. I think there's only something like five people at the most who ever played the Doom Chronicles teaser I made. I don't own a trademark on the name or other silly bullshit like that, so nothing's stopping you from using the name. However, it has been proven in this thread that people could get it confused with my project. It's your decision basically - use the name and get confused with an overrated and overglorified mapper, or think of a different name that won't get confused with anything.

Ok well thanks... I will have to investigate and perhaps come up with a new name. Twilight (not the - with it...that's cheesy) seems VERY good, actually better than Chronicles.

GooberMan said:

...or you could stop acting like a retard because you were proven wrong. I retired. You trolled. Kyle provided link. Kyle thought other people were responding to his response to you. You blew up. Get over it.

Dontcha love that? I'm flaming the person who linked to the original Doom Chronicles and said my projects were good.

EDIT: Was flaming but decided to remove it, don't want to get banned.
Anyway, I did like Your projects, more, I even wanted to make some maps for Doom Arcade. Yeah, Kyle was right, I was wrong I admit it. It's just a lot of people called him a retard and all, so I tough he likes to make a fuss. As for Gooberman, too bad that You retire, damn, I was hoping for Doom Arcade, yet flaming me and calling a retard is not a nice thing, especially someone who cared about Your projects. Don't be a dirty bastard. I apologize Kyle for the Troll remark. An apologee would be appreciated for the retard remark, but since You're retired I guess this ends this anyway.

DD-of course without those -- :-/
How about Doom: Crossing Worlds, or
Doom: Halfevil.

0-Mephisto-0 said:

Well, hello Mephisto. Apperantly, I can't use Twilight either.

Hmm...Halfevil and Crossing Worlds are interesting but not fitting. Perhaps Second Life? Double Doom?

EDIT: Maybe not Twilight...but *Twilight* perhaps. I see no copyright on the actual name. And that the wad was made around 7 years ago.

Nmn said:

An apologee would be appreciated for the retard remark

OK then.

I'm sorry you acted like a retard.

There are plenty of people who like my projects, retards and non-retards alike. I'm not retracting a statement which accurately summed up how you were behaving at the time, and I'm especially not retracting it because you think I owe you respect for liking my works. Like I said, get over it.

Everyone else: sorry for hijacking the thread.

Cut the crap and flamming people. I would appriciate other ideas to disdinguish myp roject form others...having a hard time coming up with a name.

GooberMan said:

I'm sorry you acted like a retard.

I'm not sorry you act like one now.
I apologized and wanted to end this stupid flamewar, but appearently You are more retarded then I tought, when You want to keep this flaming on. Remember bloody fool, whenever You put on flames I'll piss on it and put it out.
I don't owe You repsect, I respect Your projects, not You, moron.
As for blowing, You can blow me.
It really pains me that people who seem to be great mappers and cool people are really such fools as Yourself, just flaming other people, cause it makes You look like a damn prick! GET A FUCKING LIFE!
I'm not going to waste time here. Let me show You the magic of the Add to Ignore List button, kay?
DD-I'm sorry for this but no retard is going to "spit in my soup".
As for the project name-why don't You take-Twice Ascended?

I just figured out something..."Twilight" is taken...but there's no "Doom Twilight" out now.

*yawn*

I'm going to say some of my own personal philosophies on map making and game designing in general. It's not a troll, just things that have worked for me.

* If you need to ask people what to do to differentiate your project from others, you shouldn't try to be different. You're project is all about controlling a marine army and a demon army, which is already different. I'm biased towards ZDoom, but regardless I can see this being done easilly in it. Learn ACS. It is your friend.

* Experiment. Doom Arcade came about by experimentation. The best ideas are the ones that occur through learning what an engine can do and thus knowing how far you can push it. Put in an initial implementation of your idea, see it in action, and then think of what can be done to make it own /newstuff chronicles. It'll come naturally (hopefully).

Sorry about starting a fire on your thread DD. :/ If you need my help with anything on this project just let me know and I'll jump right in and lend a hand. I do everything and soon I'm going to be learning myself some ZDoom scripting.