Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gatewatcher

Firefox 0.9

What does everyone think? The only annoying thing so far for me is the bookmarks, I can't import them from 0.8, but everything else (prefs and cookies) transitioned well...

Overall without reading the list of improvements, nothing really seems different other than maybe pop-up blocking stops more adds.

Hmm, haven't noticed any difference when I use it in Linux outside of larger text (maybe, might be the skin). My installation of it on Linux did the bookmarks ok, though. My only complaint is that I still haven't gotten Java Run-Time plugin thingie working. Still my browser preference in Linux.

oh god i am in BBS mode.
i like mozilla moonlemur the best. right now useing a updated version of a text based web browser. good god i am glad the internet is a GUI type deal. now i know why the BBS was not so popular witht he general public. i remember useing this at my school. i also remeber it well becuse at the time i was learning to read and write, better anywyas. i still suck at spelling.

i have been fine useing mozilla 1.7a

So what happens when firefox goes 1.0, does it replace mozilla? And what's going on with thunderbird, will it eventually be packaged with firefox?

gatewatcher said:

nothing really seems different other than maybe pop-up blocking stops more adds.

funny, because I haven't gotten a single one with 0.8...heh

Fredrik said:

The new default theme sucks.

Better than the old one.

Not saying Fireshit gets the Arioch-seal-of-approval yet tho because it doesn't.

Installing .9 not only didn't migrate my settings from .8, when I asked it to import stuff from IE it decided to hang while trying to import Browsing History, and zeroed my entire profile when I had to close it.

Then I tried to import from IE again, without Browsing History, and while passwords worked, they don't work on those sites (wtf) and imported cookies didn't work either (wtf?).

And of course by now my .8 profile has been wiped, so I don't have any of my old stuff to refer back to, and now I have to manually log back in to everything I do.

Thanks mozilla!

Arioch said:

Better than the old one.

No way. Well, at least it's worse compared to Qute 2.1.

No SessionSaver for .9 yet. That's like pretty much the only reason I use Firecocks.

But Firesomething has already been ported to .9 ... Mozilla Spaceklumpen!

It's badass! I use the adblock plugin to block the annoying music when I look at the new post hell posts!

Ad/popup blocking and more! Tis kicks ass.

I hate the new default theme, and the fact I can't migrate my old theme (Gray Modern) or any settings or extensions. I've reverted back to Firefox 0.8.

Mr. Chris said:

It's badass! I use the adblock plugin to block the annoying music when I look at the new post hell posts!

How do you do that?