Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Which is better

sorry Liam, had this been Hereticworld it would be a different story...

I'm sure there's a few people who can tell good level design despite different texture themes. Looks like I was the only one so far.

Well, IMO, Doom's spookier and funner to play, but Heretic has way better level-design and I like the medieval theme better.
But, since I played Doom before Heretic, I'll vote Doom. This is DoomWorld, after all.

I only played shareware Heretic. The level design is good, agreed. But the medieval theme is stupid :( The monsters suck mosly (the sprites, I mean). So I vote for Doom.

If you ask me, Heretic was just a lousy excuse for id to make a game while they were working on the next BIG project. It was a "filler game", per se.

If you ask me, Heretic was just a lousy excuse for id to make a game while they were working on the next BIG project. It was a "filler game", per se.

Then why the hell are the levels so much better and the game so much more complex? I think you've got Heretic confused with Doom2.

And it was made by Raven who bought the Doom engine - hardly anybody from ID was involved in Heretic or Hexen, so I'm not sure how you see it as a filler game.

Then why the hell are the levels so much better and the game so much more complex? I think you've got Heretic confused with Doom2.

Yeah, Heretic is a much better play than doom. Raven puts all the greatness in ID's engines (not like doom isn't great). Anywho, if Heretic came out first and doom was the spinoff i'm sure we'd all be praising heretic and this would be the HereticWorld forums.

Heretic is better than Doom2. Ultimate Doom is better than Heretic. Re: Filler games...I think that sums up Doom2 to a tee.