Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Afterglow

TEXTURES!!!

Referring to this ancient post, I added the Return and Mortiser resources to The Doom Texture Page of Death™. What I require from you nerdicles is submissions of any textures missing from this list, especially over the past 3 years as I haven't really paid attention to the community besides the odd /newstuff.

So if you have ideas of what to add, contact me at derekmd at frad dot org (big ups to the ml.org massive).

Hm, I converted the duke textures about a week ago for Tormentor, but he wont use them all. You can have them if you want.

I made an HFX texture wad a while back, but it has quite a few large flats that I'd have to downsize or remove so that it'd work with all source ports.

I have a "useful flats" pack up here. It'll be superceded by a "useful textures and flats" pack in the hopefully not-to-distant future.

That page also has a "recoloured textures" pack, but the link doesn't work as the guy hosting it for me's webspace died or something. Fortunately it seems you can now find it here instead.

Doom Dude said:

Thats a good resource Afterglow. :D

... and then?

NiGHTMARE said:

I have a "useful flats" pack up here. It'll be superceded by a "useful textures and flats" pack in the hopefully not-to-distant future.

That page also has a "recoloured textures" pack, but the link doesn't work as the guy hosting it for me's webspace died or something. Fortunately it seems you can now find it here instead.

I added and mirrored both of those. What happened to nmtext3?

chilvence said:

Here you go, loads of Duke textures. Hasnt got any flats, because I havent done the colour tweaking on them yet.

I'm not going to add this yet. A few points you should note:

1) Add PP_START and PP_END lumps at the ends of the patch entries in the WAD. i.e.,

PP_START
DNALN01
DNALN01
DNZWRN18
DNZWRN19
PP_END

This is to denote these are patch entries, not "graphics" (e.g., menu/intermission) or data lumps.

2) Also add a text file using the /idgames template. You should add copyright permissions and all that but it's redundant since you're rippping off 3D Realms resources. It should be added anyway. Put 3D Realms in the thanks/credits or something.

3) Put it in a .zip. Standards, y'know?

I see NB's silver textures are up. I TOTALLY forgot to send you my new textures for that, NB. Why don't you get on #zdoom on irc.freenode.net and kick my ass about it every now and then? I still go by Faint on there, even though I'm Ultraviolet on here. Or tell me where to send what I've got... whatever.

Afterglow: Uh, I have some Quake 3 texture set, and I'm not sure where it came from, so I don't know where to tell you to get it. Would you like to look at it? Just tell me what to do. Also found some Lego texture wad in with my junk.

Tormentor's Blood textures pack should be on there as well, that is, if Tormentor agrees.

Afterglow said:

I'm not going to add this yet. A few points you should note:

1) Add PP_START and PP_END lumps at the ends of the patch entries in the WAD.

2) Also add a text file using the /idgames template.

3) Put it in a .zip. Standards, y'know?

Yep, no worries. I wasnt expecting to actually put this up for download, so I just didnt think of any of that at the time.

Afterglow said:

... and then?

...and then I'll be sure to point it out to anybody seeking textures. I'll also have a texture pack sometime soon you may want to add... just need to finish my project and then do a bunch of sorting out to the textures I want to release...

Szymanski said:

I converted the AVP2 textures a while back, might be usefull.

How well did it convert? I tend to shy away from converting full colour textures in modern games since they look like shit when restricted to 256 colours. For instance, I tried converting some Q3A textures but most of them came out with bland green pixels covered most of the graphics. However I would still be interested in adding it if it's packaged nicely. :)

... and for a guy that doesn't have enough time for Doom, you sure spend enough time posting on these forums. ;)

I visit during my lunch breaks mainly. I'll have more time when I move house in August (less traveling) so I might get back to editing. ATM getting Endgame back out is the priority.

The textures transferred very well. Most are grey tech, the alien textures are mostly green which the DOOM palette has plenty of.

The only textures that didn't work are the sky (lots of subtle gradients, looked horribly blocky) and some textures using a yellow strip.

Afterglow said:

How well did it convert? I tend to shy away from converting full colour textures in modern games since they look like shit when restricted to 256 colours. For instance, I tried converting some Q3A textures but most of them came out with bland green pixels covered most of the graphics. However I would still be interested in adding it if it's packaged nicely. :)

... and for a guy that doesn't have enough time for Doom, you sure spend enough time posting on these forums. ;)

Um, did you not answer the comment I made about sending Q3A textures to you because we are talking about the same set, or because you didn't happen to come across my comment? If the latter, I encourage you to re-read the thread, as I have some useful texture sets (which you may know about anyway).

EDIT: I checked. As long as your name is not Chris "Dragon" Pisarczyk (and I'm inclined to believe that you are Derek MacDonald or something like that IIRC, not Chris Pisarczyk), then I do have a unique collection of Q3A textures that converted relatively well that may be of some use to you. Do you go to #zdoom on OFTC.net? I'm probably stupid for not having noticed you there or something... just seems you're never active.

Also, are you allowed to host the Doom-1-missing-textures-for-Doom-2 texture set? Enjay and deathz0r both have a copy, I believe. Not sure whose is more complete.

Your link to NB's "Gray Textures" is wrong. It points to NB_SILV and not NB_GRAY.

Ultraviolet said:

Um, did you not answer the comment I made about sending Q3A textures to you because we are talking about the same set, or because you didn't happen to come across my comment? If the latter, I encourage you to re-read the thread, as I have some useful texture sets (which you may know about anyway).

EDIT: I checked. As long as your name is not Chris "Dragon" Pisarczyk (and I'm inclined to believe that you are Derek MacDonald or something like that IIRC, not Chris Pisarczyk), then I do have a unique collection of Q3A textures that converted relatively well that may be of some use to you. Do you go to #zdoom on OFTC.net? I'm probably stupid for not having noticed you there or something... just seems you're never active.

Also, are you allowed to host the Doom-1-missing-textures-for-Doom-2 texture set? Enjay and deathz0r both have a copy, I believe. Not sure whose is more complete.

Your link to NB's "Gray Textures" is wrong. It points to NB_SILV and not NB_GRAY.

Um, I'm Derek. I never visit #zdoom. I read your post, but I tend to ignore things that I think are superfluous, especially since I attempted to convert Q3A textures and I wasn't satisfied with the results. You and Lee can send me both of those sets using derekmd at frad dot org.

Regarding Doom textures in II, I have a file named doom1tex.wad (579,420 bytes) dated back to 2002, but it doesn't include a text file and I don't clearly remember the source. I think Nick Baker may've sent it. Do you have a URL to either Enjay's or deathz0r's versions?

Thanks, I fixed the nb_gray link.

I can't send you the wad right now because I'm at work and don't have it with me. Maybe I'll remember later. :P

You should ask Enjay directly. I know he hosts a Doom 1 textures wad on one of his sites, but I don't remember the URL offhand.