Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Combining skies...

Is there an easier way to fuse skies together? I use paint to cut one part of a sky and paste it over an other, like this:

IMG TAG REMOVED BY JULIAN

See, you can tell that those mountains are kind of butchered. I tried to make a fusion of Rsky3 and sky4. Is there an easier way or no?

Okay, [IMG] is being stupid. Here's the link:

URL TAG REMOVED BY JULIAN: copy/paste in a new window: www.freewebs.com/bashe/sky5.gif

Well, eh, Photoshop is broken.

Vat do I do?

Oh wait, PAINTshop is broken. Where would I get Photoshop?

Amaster said:

If I remember correctly the trial versions wont let you save anything.

I used the trials of Photoshop and Photoshop Elements and they let me save things and all that jazz. Though that was about two years ago, so things might have changed since. :D

Uh, take a screenshot? Duh? You'd be amazed at how many people don't realize how how easy it is to get around their "OMG NO SAVING" blocks. Granted, it's a more work, but getting around the rules usually ain't easy, eh?

You see, I cut out the mountains with paint, open the sky I want to put them over and them paste them down and adjust. I have to kind of cut off some of the mountains because I don't wanna get any red with the mountains or I'll have to recolor pixel by pixel. I wanna cut the mountains entirely without having to get rid of red pixels.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I used the trials of Photoshop and Photoshop Elements and they let me save things and all that jazz. Though that was about two years ago, so things might have changed since. :D

They still let you save and stuff. They are 30-day trials or something.

I have done this using only MSPaint.

Uncheck "draw opaque" and take out all of the sky using magnify and the R mouse button, (which should be white/transparent. Then you can open the sky you want and paste the mountains over it.

Both images should use the Doom2 palette so there should be no color problems. They are both bitmaps so just save your creation as the name you wish to replace. :F_SKY1 or whatever.

Use XWE or something to add the new flat to your wad. Must be the same size though.

Eh, I don't want to remove the sky pixel by pixel. Is there a faster way? I don't think Draw Opaque has anything to do with removing the sky.

You have to be some kind of masochist to want to do it in MSPaint. Bashe, what you want to do is get something free like the Gimp. Clip out the mountains using the mask/marquee tool, then paste it onto your new sky and fiddle with the edges of the mountains a bit.

Well, ok. Enough of chivilrence and perseverence then, but one must have patience to make something really tight, and you must work pixel by pixel.