Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revo19

Doom3 vs RE

How would you compare the graphics between Resident Evil for gamecube and Doom3 for the pc? I mean resident evil has great graphics and it scared me while i played it, but doom3 better graphics or the same would u think? I know Doom3 will scare me.

RE: http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/residentevil/screens.html?page=406

D3: http://www.doomworld.com/php/screenie.php?dir=/doom3_031904/

and i know this is a doom3 forum

ahh doom III will have far better graphics than any resident evil games.
personaly i dont see how RE can scare you, other than "shit the zombie came out of a closet"

yep yep lol
but u have to admit those graphics are good for a wat 2000, 2001 game?

Doom 3 is better only in the sense that it's first-person. Resident Evil was annoying because of the fixed cameras.

looking through the stills of re, it really impressed me... the zombies look pretty alive, and on the first glance the graphics compared not too bad to doom3. still i would have to see the game moving to judge on that.

Resident Evil's models might be somewhat comparable to DOOM 3's, but the backgrounds are prerendered. This is the main thing that kills RE when compared to DOOM 3.

Mje's right, I can't believe it didn't get mentioned sooner. Resident Evil's backgrounds may look better... but that's because it's just a still image being drawn once. Doom3 is rendering the entire field of view many times a second. The lighting in the RE screenshot was rendered once and will not change, Doom3 has to calculate each light source hundreds of times depending on the movement of the characters and other objects.

RE looks "better", but that's because a still image is, right now, still better looking than anything that can be rendered realtime.

Scuba Steve said:

Mje's right, I can't believe it didn't get mentioned sooner. Resident Evil's backgrounds may look better... but that's because it's just a still image being drawn once. Doom3 is rendering the entire field of view many times a second. The lighting in the RE screenshot was rendered once and will not change, Doom3 has to calculate each light source hundreds of times depending on the movement of the characters and other objects.

RE looks "better", but that's because a still image is, right now, still better looking than anything that can be rendered realtime.

Of course Gamecube RE still uses fixed backgrounds and lighting, like the originals (bar one or two lamps swinging and casting a shadow and so on). But even so you have to admit the 'scenic' textures still look very, very nice indeed.

Doom 3 by far.

RE for GameCube is just a flashy remake of the old game. Thats all GameCube does is take older, popular, and successful games and just makes their graphics better. Anyone who bought the original shouldn't waiste their time on a GameCube just for that. XBOX and PS2 are more original.

Besides, RE4 won't even have zombies in it. I read a review and they aren't even going to be zombies in this one. IF you saw the movie "28 Days Later" than they'll be a little like that, only not infected but with the same properties.

Sephiroth said:

ahh doom III will have far better graphics than any resident evil games.
personaly i dont see how RE can scare you, other than "shit the zombie came out of a closet"

Mind diarrhea of the day.

S1lent said:

RE for GameCube is just a flashy remake of the old game. Thats all GameCube does is take older, popular, and successful games and just makes their graphics better. Anyone who bought the original shouldn't waiste their time on a GameCube just for that. XBOX and PS2 are more original.

This has to be the dumbest statement ever made.

Why would I compare a game that's two+ years old to one that hasn't even come out yet?

RE for GameCube is just a flashy remake of the old game.

YEAH, HOW SHITTY. I'M SURE GLAD DOOM 3 ISN'T ANYTHING LIKE THAT...!

S1lent said:
Doom 3 by far.

Besides, RE4 won't even have zombies in it. I read a review and they aren't even going to be zombies in this one. IF you saw the movie "28 Days Later" than they'll be a little like that, only not infected but with the same properties.

Wow. I'm glad this thread is about which game is better and not, ya know, about the graphical standings of each. 'Cause, ya know, if it were about the graphics then you'd look like a dumbass. Oh, wait...

Re: All Gamecube games being remakes

So Metroid Prime, one of the best FPS' ever, is a remake is it? No, it isn't.

Re: Pre-rendered backgrounds

Uh, no they're not, not since Nemesis IIRC. In fact, there are several puzzles in both RE1 remake and RE0 that involve messing around with coloured lights.

BTW checkout the sixth screenshot down in this RE4 preview. Those certainly don't look like static lighting effects to me!

I always thought the CG background scenes in RE were comparable to D3, but the only difference was that D3 renders the scenes in real time.

gatewatcher said:

This has to be the dumbest statement ever made.

Wow, grow up and quit saying everything is "stupid" or "dumbest". Seriously try NOT flaming for once.

EllipsusD said:

Wow. I'm glad this thread is about which game is better and not, ya know, about the graphical standings of each. 'Cause, ya know, if it were about the graphics then you'd look like a dumbass. Oh, wait...

You're so funny, I wish I was as funny as you. Grow up.

Yes, most of the GameCube games are simply remakes with a couple things added so they can say they didn't copy the game COMPLETELY. i.e. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (if not out yet than it's coming out soon), Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros, FX Zero, etc.. Yes GameCube leads in graphics but not in originality. Lets take a look when they ARE original, Pikman, Pikman 2, Animal Crossings, WarioWorld, Godzilla: Desroy All Monsters Melee.

Anyone with a clue can see that GameCube has trouble making their own games without remaking games from other systems or from their own. The GameCube is the least bought system out of the 3 and there is a reason. Evidence (not all of it) is how cheap it still is compared to the other systems. Now since I know lot of you like to take words and twist them I'm going to say this very clearly.

-THE PRICE DOESN'T ENTIRELY SHOW THAT PEOPLE DONT LIKE IT
-NOT ALL OF THE GAMES ARE REMAKES
-THE GAMECUBE DOES LEAD IN THE GRAPHICS DEPARTMENT
-IT DOES HAVE A FEW GOOD GAMES

And if you don't believe any of this, in your spare time spend an hour with google.com and look for it or read/ask any gaming magazine out there othe than GameCube Magazine.

S1lent said:

Yes, most of the GameCube games are simply remakes with a couple things added so they can say they didn't copy the game COMPLETELY. i.e. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (if not out yet than it's coming out soon), Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros, FX Zero, etc..

If you actually played (as in, played a long ways into the game, not played it at Best Buy for 5 minutes) them, Metroid Prime, SSBM and FZero GX are new games. They simply borrow elements that made the game fun and/or are staples of that franchise. (Power Suit, Captain Falcon etc)

Yes GameCube leads in graphics but not in originality. Lets take a look when they ARE original, Pikman, Pikman 2,

Pikmin 2 is not original. It's basically Pikmin 1 with no time limit, some new types of Pikmin and a 2 player mode.

EDIT: Grammar

S1lent said:

Anyone with a clue can see that GameCube has trouble making their own games without remaking games from other systems or from their own.

But you could also say:

Anyone with a clue can see that X-Box has trouble making their own games with porting them from the PC or PS2.

Anyone with a clue can see that PS2 has trouble making their own games without them being either sequels to previous PS2 games or movie tie-ins.

Of the three, I don't really care that a lot of Gamecube games are remakes - personally I like remakes. In fact there should be more of them, especially on the PC - old games typically have better gameplay than more modern games, so if you take an old game and give it vastly superior graphics, how can that be a bad thing?

I'm not too bothered about endless sequels on the PS2 either, since if the first game's good the sequels probably will be too. The only one of the "modern three" consoles I don't have is the X-Box, since I can play the majority of games on my PC or PS2 with better controls (and usually superior graphics in the PC's case).

S1lent said:

Wow, grow up and quit saying everything is "stupid" or "dumbest". Seriously try NOT flaming for once.

Your so funny, I wish I was as funny as you. Grow up.

This guys an idiot...

Heh, I thought grown ups knew the difference between "your" and "you're"... :P

I'm your lover and you're mine. Um or something... Oh yeah I fixed my sig too see below (for those of you who didn't know I had your instead of you're. People didn't seem to get it. Buncha squares)

RE used pre-rendered back grounds, with modles and such displayed 'on top' i am not sure how it exactly works, but thats why it can look good.

honestly RE has been beaten like a dead horse, give it up. almost has more games than zelda, another of nintendo's beaten horses.

i did like the game cube, i just never found that many games i liked. i might buy one agian, my brother sold it

Coopersville said:

Why would I compare a game that's two+ years old to one that hasn't even come out yet?

YEAH, HOW SHITTY. I'M SURE GLAD DOOM 3 ISN'T ANYTHING LIKE THAT...!

Rofl. Nice.

Heh, I thought silent was an idiot. It turns out he's not only and idiot, but a big one, and a fanboy taboot. Hey silent, try not being completely wrong all the time, then I may stop flaming you.

gatewatcher said:

Heh, I thought silent was an idiot. It turns out he's not only and idiot, but a big one, and a fanboy taboot. Hey silent, try not being completely wrong all the time, then I may stop flaming you.

I agree with you. If he wasn't such a damn retard, I wouldn't flame him. But he contines to beg for it.