Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer9

Anybody killed Bond?

I remember playing ZDaemon one time and I was being killed over and over again by bond, until I eventually picked up a bfg and hit him directly with it. He survived. I said "how?", and he said, "supercharge". So I am just wondering is anybody better than Bond or is he the best there is. I wouldn't be surprised if he could beat every wad there is.

A BFG blast causes between 100 and 800 HP of damage (this is before the tracer calculations). Perhaps you hit him and the damage was on the low end, but you were either too far away, or you weren't positioned correctly or looking in the right direction for it to have any effect. Also, he may have had some armor.

Still, you gotta admit that that was pretty lucky. Oh yeah, and he was standing right in front of me. And he killed me with a ssg the next instant.

I guess that explains it. I'm guessing that it went something like this.

killer9: fires a BFG blast at Bond standing right in front of him
Bond: reacts to the BFG sound and turns to fire his super shotgun at the source
BFG makes a direct hit with Bond, but only does 100 or 200 damage
Bond survives
Bond: fires the super shotgun while his screen is still bright red, aiming at the last visible position, and hits killer9
killer9 dies, and instantly respawns somewhere else
killer9's BFG tracer calculations initialize, but Bond is nowhere near killer9 at this point, so he receives no further damage
killer9 is dumbfounded
Bond chuckles somewhere in the distance and looks for his next frag

Nah, I hit him directly and he killed me after I hit him, he had his back turned. There was a pause for a second while I just stood there and he turned around and shot me. Of course I was firing a second BFG shot while just standing there. My question isn't really "is Bond invincible", I'm just wondering if he's the best out there. He always seems to escape me every time I kill him.

Bond is indeed a very good player. But he is not invulnerable :)
I killed him many times :) while doing some brit11.wad BFG spamming :)
Fragwise, He was either ahead of me or very close behind.

Yeah, I remember freaking out when I'd direct hit guys with rockets who were really good and had full health and armor and wonder how they survived. :/ It's a noobish thing, you'll get over it and realize everyone's better than you.

Hey, shut up, that was a while ago. If it means anything my avatar dude on ZDaemon is a badass demon, not a pencil neck newbie. I got a lot better since then.

I have no idea who Bond is...

But I have never, ever ever seen a BFG hit not kill someone. In fact, I've never seen it not splatter someone. Even at full 200 health with 200 blue armor, it splatters every time. Seeing a BFG hit not killing someone is like seeing an imp splatter a shotgun sargeant.

I understand this could be a ZD quirks. I have seen BFG direct hits (in ZD) not gib someone. In fact I've seen it a few times. But yeah, it might literally be impossible in the original excutables.

If the BFG's missile damage causes only a very low amount, and there are other targets on the screen taking some of the tracer damage, survival is possible.

AndrewB said:

But I have never, ever ever seen a BFG hit not kill someone. In fact, I've never seen it not splatter someone. Even at full 200 health with 200 blue armor, it splatters every time. Seeing a BFG hit not killing someone is like seeing an imp splatter a shotgun sargeant.

Hahaha, thats ironic. I've seen an imp splatter a sargent. You just have to shot them with the pistol twice.

Bond is indeed killable, in multiples. Just gotta be damn fast with the SSG, as he uses the map layouts to great effect when it comes to ambushing.

I watched MAIKL_RUSIA or whatever his name is cream Bond last night. Not that the Russian guy is that good, really. But he beat Bond.

Maikl kicks butt. He's the guy slowly recording DOOM demos from his collection... you can see many of them at the DSDA.

AndrewB said:

Creator of Internet Doom Explorer.

I played Bond a long time back and got a handful of frags before he hit 50. Most of them were lucky too.

He is very good one on one.

MaTT [TiK] said:
Creator of Internet Doom Explorer.

Maybe that explains the total lack of lag. I don't play ZDaemon myself, but I do play Skulltag, and from what I hear from both sides I'm pretty sure both ports are equally buggy. I've been hit dead-on by rockets without taking a single point of damage occasionally... and likewise, I've hit people dead-on with multiple rockets and they haven't died. Yet every time, someone miraculously comes around behind me and uses the SSG. Damn. I'm just no good with the hitscan weapons, see, because in my god-awful firelag the guy is long gone before the weapon actually fires. So bottom line, whoever loses to me in Skulltag must REALLY suck. :P

I would lose to you, trust me. Nah, being the creator of IDE shouldn't affect his ping - IDE is just a multiport connector.

I've beaten Bond on 1-on-1 25-frag Skulltag games before, so he's not really that hard to beat. His SSG skills are better than mine, when we meet on a level when we're both using SSG-s he usually comes out as the winner, but my Rocket Launcher usage can get him down before he can take a second shot in which he usually kills me. He's good, but not _that_ good.

I played him once and fortunately I was able to win because i hid somewhere for a LONG time and eventually he was in the same room as me he didn't look hard enough, and i made him dance with my chaingun.