Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JamesEightBitStar

Games You'd Like to See Remade with the DOOM Engine

would be kindda interesting to have a war in the middle of a bombed out city.. have tanks and stuff fighting cyber demons, gun trucks running rampant as cacos carpet bomb the place
O_O

SirTimberWolf said:

would be kindda interesting to have a war in the middle of a bombed out city.. have tanks and stuff fighting cyber demons, gun trucks running rampant as cacos carpet bomb the place
O_O

Battlefield 1942 mod...i wish.

Super Dodge Ball!

Melfice said:

Hmmm....Mortal Kombat, roflmfao.

<_<;... >_>;... <_<;... I have no idea what you're talking about it.

I would love to see daggerfall in the doom engine. I would prefer 32 greatly designed levels in that game than the ton of randomly generated dungeons it had. also the faster pace would be incredible for gameplay.

Donkey Kong

It would actually look pretty cool, a big ass monkey throwing flaming barrels at you.

-E

Ralphis said:

Zelda...

Heh. I wanted that so much that I began a recreation of the massive main entrance to the first light world dungeon in Zelda 3 before realizing that the perspective of the original game would make that impossible.

Still, I think creating some original dungeons using Legacy's 3D floors would be fun. I have a lot of ideas which I drew out for later reference since I had no way to edit a game like that. It would be easy to accurately recreate the original game's dungeon architecture in Doom.

Not like I need another project to manage though...

Not quite on topic, but a remake of the original 'Dark Forces' with jDoom could be quite nice, especially if multiplayer could be added.

edit: of course, Lucasarts are notoriously letigious when it comes to 'homages' to their games, so this is probably just wishful thinking :(

perfect dark
heroes of might and magic ... what?
rollercoaster tycoon ... novel!

Exhumed/Powerslave...

I was working on it, too. If I get fully back into mapping I might even finish it... (Yeah right :p)

Skibz said:

of course, Lucasarts are notoriously letigious when it comes to 'homages' to their games, so this is probably just wishful thinking :(

Then they probably didn't see this one...

Back on topic, a *good* remake of System Shock (the first one, of course. The second would look better on Doom 3 engine...) would be nice. A 3d remake of roguelikes, like Nethack or ZAngband, is not too shabby either (And ZAngband arealdy has cyberdemons, so...)

JamesEightBitStar said:

I hear it's possible in certain source ports. I know it's at least possible to have two floors, one directly above the other, in ZDoom, because the starting area of Assault on Tei Tenga does it (unless it just used a really creative hack).

That was a silent teleport.

Anyone who said "Contra" or any other awesome generic shooting game needs to play fucking Action Doom already.

Also, I would love to see an equivilent of Rez or HalfQuake: Amen done in the Doom engine, the former being a music based shoot'em up featuring trippy visuals and awesome music and the later being a quicksave/load fest with ingenius and hilarious one hit kill traps, done in a monochromatic greyscale (plus one shade of green), abstract visual style.

And anyone who didn't like Commander Keen needs to get shot in the fucking face, like, two seconds ago.