Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sssitinith

When the hell are they going to fix Zdaemon?

Every single time I log onto Zdaemon, I get kicked within 3 minutes for "Speed Hack" and then get logged off the main server. Every freaking time. Running alot =/= Speed Hack

I have no idea what you're talking about. I play ZDaemon several hours a day, and I'm never kicked for cheating.

Perhaps you're using a warezed doom2.wad or doom.wad that's somehow hacked.

I dont have that problem either. I know it was a problem before, but IIRC that was fixed. There was also a problem with the chainsaw, when sawing into someone it kicked you because the chainsaw pulls you quickly towards the opponent bit by bit, which the server thought it was cheating... I dont know if they fixed that issue already.

Your speedhack kick is a known bug that came with zdaemon 1.06 when they tried to code in protection from speedhack, but it doesnt work. Instead it kicks random people for it, and sometimes affects people really bad. They are trying to fix the bug, but in the meantime servers are supposed to set their server configs to have speedhack kicking off. I guess the morons hosting the servers you are playing on havent learned to do that yet. Just try otehr servers. It should go a away eventually and if it doesnt, then email raider.

Never once been kicked for cheating . . . but then if you see me play you'll see why - never get any frags, lol.

It happens to me now and then. Usually my connection attempt is thrown into the cold void, with the message "SpeedHack" -- but sometimes I get the message "TURBO" instead. I wonder what that is.

That is so strange that that happens to some people, and not to others.

I've never once been kicked for cheating or whatever, and I've played hundreds of matches on ZD.