Find results in...
Silverwyvern

Deleting the old archives...

Yes or No?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yeah sure.
    • No! We have to keep our irish names!

Thinking of deleting the old art/fic indexes.. they waste space and most links are out of date.. you can always just search the forums anyway.. yeah or neigh?

Heh, if i can be arsed, i'll post links to the previous Underworld chapters, or just stick em on my website and provide a link on my sig. Fear my MOO of FURY!!! *moooo*

I am not really so sure. I think it is a great tool to get an overview over what exists of fanfics/fanart.

Unless you know a specific work you wouldn't know what to search for. The Doom fanfics and fanart are not rife with subject/acess points.

I say, keep the list. Maybe you could prune some the entries if the dead linkee's are unresponsive, but without the list I am sorely afraid that a lot of good stuff would just lie around forgotten.

I say can it. And make a proper art/fiction Archive like PLanetdoom and doom3center.com's. this way we don't have dead links. And what's probably the best Doom art/fiction Arhives on the net. :)

.Yes because it's quite old and whenever someone posts there they get a bollocking for bumping an old thread off everyone.
.Yes because one could just use the search option, though they have to be registered first.
.Yes because it takes up space

.No because there are still a few of those links that work.
.No because, we don't want classics to be forgotten.
.No because for some other reason it has sentimental value.

Bit of a pickle.

Here's an idea. Why not maintain it? It wouldn't be too hard between you and BlueSonnet.

BBG said:

Here's an idea. Why not maintain it? It wouldn't be too hard between you and BlueSonnet.

Doesn't sound too bad to me. It's not as if it needs much cleaning up of the bump posts.

BBG said:

It's more bothersome than it seems. I think it's fair enough if Silverwyvern don't wanna be burdened with them.

I can see why she wanna delete them - heck, I wanted to myself at one point while I was a Mod, but I decided against it, because it seemed people actually used it.

I've got a suggestion to prevent people from bumping it though: close it.

I'm not sure deleting it is as good an idea, because I get the impression that people actually use it.

Hmm.. well.. how about an alternative?

What if we made an html page with links to everyones works there.. then maybe everyone could update their own.. cause it's a huge pain in the ass for two people.

Sounds like a plan - just remember to leave instructions on how to link so that also the slow ones can join in on the stuff.

killer9 said:

Cool, so when are you going to have the new page up?

Probably...
"When it's done (TM)"
:-P

Yeah, I don't see why id didn't take their trademark slogan to heart when they made Doom2 and Final Doom.

dsm said:

Probably...
"When it's done (TM)"
:-P

Bastards!
But yeah, a user maintained art/fanfic index sounds great.

Silverwyvern said:

Hmm.. well.. how about an alternative?

What if we made an html page with links to everyones works there.. then maybe everyone could update their own.. cause it's a huge pain in the ass for two people.

Best idea i've heard so far.