Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

Role Reversal

Has anyone known anyone to have made a Doom TC where the player plays against marines from a demon's perspective. I think it would be a really cool idea.

If I ever get good enough at editing to create new weapons etc I'd definitley give it a go. You could either play as a demon (I use the term in the generic sense rather than having to control the pink grunting demon with no long range attack) or a possessed marine (contrived, I know). No monsters from the original game seem appropriate though.

It wouldn't need to be quite a TOTAL conversion since there's already space marine sprites that could be edited slightly.

What does everyone think?

Somebody's making a TC where you're a baron, I'm not sure if it's been cancelled or not. I haven't heard word on it.

I only hope that the rumors about someone making such a TC are true. I've always wanted to play as either a Baron, a Mancubus or an Arachnotron...But, since I'm not an artist, a modeller, or a skinner, I can only keep this dream in my head while laboriously building maps and chatting on 2 different forums under 2 different names :)

Epyo said:

Somebody's making a TC where you're a baron, I'm not sure if it's been cancelled or not. I haven't heard word on it.

You would be referring to DRE - Doom Rampage Editon. It is still being worked on and in fact is incredibly close to a release.

Personally, after talking with [ofod]doomrampage about this project, I don't think this was the best approach. But I also enjoy role-reversal mods. Perhaps we'll yet see more...

I had a wad which turned all normal enemies into marines and you were an imp that only shot fireballs...but no maps really...here's the link:

http://www.megareviews.com/storage/2ndCircle.zip

In my new project (Work in progress) there's one campaign where you are human and your human allies help you and stuff. But the other part is where you are an archvile and you can lead demons against humans. Might wanna wait for this one because i'm putting alot of work into it. ;)

Bah! I never dreamed of playing as an imp. I hate imps.
Barons, Mancubi and Arachnotorns rule!!!!
This Rampage Edition thingy better get finished ASAP.

I just had an idea for such a mod that would actually be pretty cool in my opinion. You play as an imp. You only have a few imp-esque weapons, like fireballs, scratching, etc. You get your fireball power by drinking out of the barrels, so you have to be careful not to blow those up. Once you've drunk out of them they can't be blown up so you have to be careful of which ones you drink out of (incase you need to get them out of your way). You get health from eating dead humans. There wouldn't be any specialty humans that would get the arch vile powers or anything like that so they're out, but there would be things like walking tanks, guys with rocket launchers, etc. I'm actually planning on trying to make this. :/

Mancubus II said:

You would be referring to DRE - Doom Rampage Editon. It is still being worked on and in fact is incredibly close to a release.

Personally, after talking with [ofod]doomrampage about this project, I don't think this was the best approach. But I also enjoy role-reversal mods. Perhaps we'll yet see more...

It's finished now.

Oh dammit all. If he can't put it on his site he should send it to /newstuff if he can. This sucks.

I don't think /newstuff would accept a 65 meg file but I could be mistaken.

killer9 said:

Oh dammit all. If he can't put it on his site he should send it to /newstuff if he can. This sucks.

DRE contains lots of copyrighted music and an alteration of an original id map. Both of these things are against the archive rules.

I know of the maps "Enjay's Marine Assault" which almost does this, except you're still a marine, and you are against other marines and robots instead of monsters. There's also Epyo's "Captain Mancubus". You play as a mancubus against other demons. No marines though. I forgot the site, but there is a site where there is a skin for EVERY monster in Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, and Hexen that you can use. I downloaded a few myself.

777th post. I'm feeling lucky today!

There was a wad out a while ago called 'B4 Doom'.

The player assumed the role of D'Spiaral; the serpent rider from Heretic and subsequently traversed revamped doom1 levels while turning unsuspecting marines into zombies and imps.

It was a fun WAD for me; maybe due to the fact that I hadn't played Heretic or Hexen and therefore the graphic sprites taken from those two games seemed somewhat more original.

The only link I could find was on....geocities :p

http://www.geocities.com/b4doomgl/

And it seems the download links don't work either. >_<

Or, as someone suggested, you could try Doom Rampage Edition; but to be honest it's not as good as what you might think (in my opinion).

Can someone please give me the FTP site address of this Rampage mod. I really really really want to check it out, but the darn link on DOOMWORLD's news page aint working at all!!!!!

From the comments I've been reading on different threads, I may be the only one wanting to check the big version of 'DOOM - The Rampage Edition', heh... I've already downloaded the mod from the URL that AP3X posted two messages ago, but I've not been able to find the first version that came out, and I'd like to. If I recall correctly, someone said it was a 55-MB file or so, correct? Could anyone be so kind and provide me with a link to it? Whether you post it here or on a private message, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ariel.

There was also a TC being made a while back called Deim, where you played as an imp who mindlessley charged into earth and started killing humans after you found out somebody had killed the cyberdemon, thereby "Leading the charge" of demons onto earth, and starting doom 2, i dunno what happened to that wad though

There is also something i am working on, dont wanna say much about it, but it should be in newstuff 189, heh

Something tells me the big version of 'DOOM - The Rampage Edition' ain't available for download no longer... Oh well, I wish I'd picked it when I could.

Ariel.