Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rubilacxe

Hexen online

I have a weird feeling that I may have asked this before sometime ago but here goes (again maybe)

I'm very much interested in playing Hexen online but I'm not sure what utilities I should be using to possibly find a server or whatnot.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Rubilacxe said:

I have a weird feeling that I may have asked this before sometime ago but here goes (again maybe)

Heh, haven't you asked this several times before? I'm sure I've seen loads of threads with the same title in the past.

Don't quote me on this - you'll need to find out for yourself, but the new videos of ZDaemon 2.0 include Heretic AND Hexen (and Strife) in them.

I know for certain that Strife multiplayer support will be included, and I suppose it is a realistic possibility that Hexen will be too.

Hey, that'd be fun.

I'm pretty certain that ZDaemon supports Hexen. I think that all you need is the hexen.wad file and the newest version of ZDaemon on all computers.

I think probably SkullTag is your best bet. ZDoom is more up to date but it doesn't have servers, and ZDaemon has completely awful coop support of even Doom so even if it does support Hexen it's bound to be ridiulously awful support.

AndrewB said:

I'm pretty certain that ZDaemon supports Hexen. I think that all you need is the hexen.wad file and the newest version of ZDaemon on all computers.

This is incorrect. Zdaemon 1.06 does not have hexen support (or if it does have any at all it's not even playable). The new zdaemon 2.0, based on latest zdoom codebase, will have such support as it's inherited from zdoom.