Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

On a Rampage

? This just crashes ZDoom with a fatal error as soon as the title screen loads.

Did you go back to the earlier version of zdoom? Because I've played through the entire thing on the small version.

Well, I just downloaded that smaller one and played through it. I must say, this is one of the worst creations I have ever seen. My god, it took the man three years to make this?!

Oh, how I would remember Doom Rampage ranting on and on about how he is "THE ZDOOM MAPPING GOD", and nobody can make better ZDoom maps than him. Ugh, this is a pile of dog crap, and the smaller version isn't even worth having on my hard drive. The sprites were mostly stolen, or lousily edited (Wow, he made the Doom Guy's fist pink and added some green fire on it. Not to mention the Rocket Launcher replacement doesn't even have any animation besides moving the sprite slightly upward. I guess he assumed everyone has their status-bar show the DoomGuy face so they wouldn't notice the fist randomly floating in mid-air during firing). The levels are mediocre. Most of them are very-underdetailed and ugly, the sounds are aweful, etc. Oh, how I could go on.. But I think I'll stop.

I'm still wondering how something like this could take THREE YEARS to complete.

This wad owns. Seriously.
I am assuming this is his first wad, yes? If so, this its impressive for a first wad.

Deathman said:

This wad owns. Seriously.
I am assuming this is his first wad, yes? If so, this its impressive for a first wad.

He's also made 20 or so lousy Deathmatch levels as well, so I wouldn't say it's his first wad.

i had played through all 32 maps of this, and, i was severely, and i do mean SEVERELY, dissapointed. I was really looking forward to this project for 3 years, only to be bummed by bad maps and gameplay. if the gameplay was good, i'd be fine with it, since i'm not as picky about maps as other people on this forum, but i do know that i like good maps better, and i was sadly more than dissapointed with this. First, the weapons, were a HUGE dissapointment, and had sucked royally. i don't like weapons with infinite ammo [unless i'm fighting a ridiculously overpowerered monster with 8000 hit points].
The biggest dissapointment was the fact i had to downgrade just to play this and that this took 3 years to make. COME ON, THREE YEARS TO MAKE A SERIOUSLY NEEDS IMPROVEMENTS EVERYWHERE PROJECT?! That's ridiculous. X(
The Monsters were quite possibly the biggest dissapointment of them. The marines were BORING, overhealthed, etc. Now, The Hellmother, was NO DOUBT THE MOST BORING BOSS I'VE EVER SEEN.
My ratings:
Graphics: 1/10
Sound: 6/10 [not too good, but not bad either]
Gameplay: 0/10 [horrible]
Innovation: 5/10 [had a good concept, but the weapon concepts was bad]
Weapon balance: 1/10 [BLECH]
Monster balance: -1/10 [HORRIBLE]
Story: 9/10 [the story concept was good, playing as a baron would've been fun, if this was done well]
Final ratings: 22/60, 36%
Final Comment:
good idea, but horribly made. needs lots more improvement.

AgentSpork said:

He's also made 20 or so lousy Deathmatch levels as well, so I wouldn't say it's his first wad.

Good stuff. :P

The one thing I HATE is the fact that it uses such an old ver of Zdoom. That vershion will -not- run on my system what so ever. As soon as it starts it it freazes fully. you can't closse in any way but ctrl+alt+del.. and as always it says it stoped responding.

Plus that it uses illegal MP3's. with out them, the files just 9 or less megs! rather then 60/70 some. people wopuld be able to HOST the darn thing.

I don't care if this took 3 years to do. it should have been kept up to date with the vers of Zdoom that were being made, not stuck with an old one. Plus if this guy did get better in mapping.. he should have redid or fixed up the first few levels so they don't look like shit acording to people who have played it.

I don't get why hed force you to use the older zdoom. it's just.. ugh.. Even when I make wads, when a new releace of a port is out I make sure they work on it. and if not I up date the wad. Thats not hard to do one single bit.